Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Probably fake news
Quote | Reply
The US trade deficit is growing under Trump's rule.

Huh.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47472282

He makes the best deals though so I am sure that this will get sorted out.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The irony is that one of the reasons the trade deficit is wider is because the economy is doing well, so Americans are buying more stuff. Unfortunately Trump thinks trade deficits are necessarily bad things that need fixing. Either way, you're right that Trump said he would "fix" the trade deficit, and hasn't. It may well need fixing one day, if, when coupled with a rising and perhaps one day unaffordable fiscal deficit, less people are willing to buy our debt. We've seen that rodeo before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Growth in trade deficits is a natural byproduct of a strengthening economy.

Btw, I have a trade deficit with Channel Islands Surfboards. And the more money I have to spend the larger that deficit gets.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

So Trump plans to worsen the economy

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
The US trade deficit is growing under Trump's rule.

Huh.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47472282

He makes the best deals though so I am sure that this will get sorted out.

Well, he already solved the US budget deficit, he may as well put that expertise to work on the trade deficit like he promised.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

So Trump plans to worsen the economy

Well, large tariffs would do that.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
The irony is that one of the reasons the trade deficit is wider is because the economy is doing well, so Americans are buying more stuff. Unfortunately Trump thinks trade deficits are necessarily bad things that need fixing. Either way, you're right that Trump said he would "fix" the trade deficit, and hasn't. It may well need fixing one day, if, when coupled with a rising and perhaps one day unaffordable fiscal deficit, less people are willing to buy our debt. We've seen that rodeo before.

Ah, here we go with that irony thing again. I wonder if the others also see the irony? And could we add this feat to the 289 whatevers? Or is this feat of rising negative trade imbalance subsumed into the improved economy feat?
Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Ah, here we go with that irony thing again. I wonder if the others also see the irony? And could we add this feat to the 289 whatevers? Or is this feat of rising negative trade imbalance subsumed into the improved economy feat?

Need a hug, or something?
Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, or an open minded debate would do the trick. I love being a Trump basher and think it (the bashing) well deserved, but am beginning to see it doesn't lead to sharing ideas and love with the others. I share your position that the irony here is unassailable, but horns are locked and it is a tiresome struggle.
Last edited by: gofigure: Mar 7, 19 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the things I really like about Trump's populism versus Obama's populism is that Trump's goes unimplemented.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely fake news, unless the increase happened within the last week.

"You saw trade deficits went down last month and everyone’s trying to figure out why. Well, we’re taking a lot of tariff money. And it has reduced the trade deficit.”
— President Trump, Hanoi, Feb. 28 2019

Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what exactly does that mean?
Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it may be some canny inverse ballwashing ~ by saying 'But but Obama' was still worse, because his bad ideas were more effective whereas Trump's bad ideas are essentially harmless. But not sure really...
Quote Reply
Re: Probably fake news [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:
what exactly does that mean?

What part is confusing you?

I guess I can help by pointing out onegoodleg's confusion. He doesn't seem to know the difference between an idea being implemented and an idea being effective. He also thinks that not wanting Trump's populism to be implemented is Trump ball washing.
Quote Reply