Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running Shoes with Mild Support
Quote | Reply
Through the process of diagnosing and rehabbing a nagging foot/heel injury (a combo of PF, bursitis, peroneal and Achilles tendinitis) it's become apparent that I have a mild pronation issue on my right side. Nothing crazy but I think some trainers with light support might be helpful to work into my shoe rotation once I actually start running again. My go-to shoe over the last few years has been the NB Zante - perfect mix of cushioning and light weight, but definitely completely neutral. I've tried the thin Superfeet run-specific inserts in them but there's not quite enough volume to make that a workable solution. I'm looking for some recommendations for trainers with mild support, reasonably lightweight and on the lower drop side. So far I've come up with the following:

- NB Vongo
- Saucony Liberty ISO
- Adidas Adizero Tempo 9

Anything else I should be looking at?
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoes with Mild Support [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe look at the Asics Gel DS Trainer (assuming they still make it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you like the nb zante why not try the nb 1500? It offers a little more support then the zante.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoes with Mild Support [Bigkat34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bigkat34 wrote:
If you like the nb zante why not try the nb 1500? It offers a little more support then the zante.

I actually did try the 1500, I found the forefoot way too narrow for my feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mild pronation was exactly how my running style was described to me. Brooks Ravenna were the shoes that felt best to me and had a bit of support but not too much. So add those to the list to try.

Another thing to consider is shoes that are stable in themselves rather than shoe that have stability through things like dual density midsoles. For instance Hoka has a different approach, some front page articles here discuss that.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoes with Mild Support [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes, Ravenna 9 are great, for a heel striker
NB 1500 are good also, but more firm

If more midfoot striking :
Hoka Mach/Clifton are very stable
Kinvara 9 or 10 are good for pronators
Skechers Forza also
Quote Reply