Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thriathlon magazines and websites
Quote | Reply
Hello everybody, I'm a newbie here.

Can you give me some suggestions about the thriathlon magazines and websites around the world? Which ones do you prefer?

I may be wrong but it seems to me that there is not so much around...

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Thriathlon magazines and websites [eros] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com

they have a front page with articles

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is “Thriathlon”?

eros wrote:
Hello everybody, I'm a newbie here.

Can you give me some suggestions about the thriathlon magazines and websites around the world? Which ones do you prefer?

I may be wrong but it seems to me that there is not so much around...

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Thriathlon magazines and websites [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, we’ve found a master of literature...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eros wrote:
Oh, we’ve found a master of literature...

I mean, he's not wrong...

Slowtwitch is a great resource. Articles on the front page, and a healthy discussion in the forums. Just be sure to use the search function before asking a question.
Reddit also has an active community, although I find there are a lot of noobie questions there.
Facebook has a few groups as well. If you're signed up for a race, there is likely a discussion group behind it on Facebook.

Magazines can be fun to browse, but lack the discussion that you get with a forum. 220 Triathlon, Triathlete magazine.

Youtube can be a good resource as well. I gravitate towards GTN, and there are some pro athletes that are publishing videos semi-regularly as well now. They vary from informational to behind the scenes and sometimes just a good pump up before a workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the problem you will get with magazines is they are mostly ad driven. after learning facts here (slowtwirch) and elsewhere you will see the disparity. it’s pretty sad. magazines sell themselves as being informational but really if you decide to use them as a source know the data will not be reliable and use it as a book full of pretty pictures.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please edit the spelling of triathlon. Have we reached a point now where it is being too critical to expect someone to spell correctly? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Thriathlon magazines and websites [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try not to be a stickler about spelling, but the main premise of this site is triathlon, and the op spelled it wrong twice. I agree that he should edit the op to the correct spelling.

Mark Lemmon wrote:
Please edit the spelling of triathlon. Have we reached a point now where it is being too critical to expect someone to spell correctly? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome!

Read the forum here on ST. You will get better guidance and can interact more than with any magazine.

You will figure out which advise is repeated and reliable pretty quickly.

As with spelling mistakes, bad advice gets called out pretty fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Thriathlon magazines and websites [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:
Welcome!

Read the forum here on ST. You will get better guidance and can interact more than with any magazine.

You will figure out which advise is repeated and reliable pretty quickly.

As with spelling mistakes, bad advice gets called out pretty fast.

Agree! eros, welcome to triathlon. Slowtwitch is a great place to learn about triathlon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will find far better information on this website and the forum than probably anywhere else. The state of triathlon magazines is pretty dismal. I don't recommend Triathlete at all; it is essentially the same magazine every month, and it seems that much of it now is to just try and be trendy. Don't know about 220 Triathlon, that might be worth looking into.

Quote | Reply
Occasionally I'll buyTriathlon Magazine Canada, just for the Canadian perspective, who's up and coming , that kind of thing. But as an informational "how to do triathlon" resource, none are very good.

I used to like 220, but that was like 20 years ago. Now I don't buy any of them, other than TMC. I "want" to support them, so I'll look through on occasion when I'm picking up a Starbucks at the local Chapters / Indigo, but there's never anything compelling enough in their pages to make me want to buy,

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Thriathlon magazines and websites [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d never buy a magazine. You’re paying for pages of printed advertisements. I’d rather spend my money on a bike, bike fit, wetsuit, or shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Thriathlon magazines and websites [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
This one: http://www.220triathlon.com/

I've been getting triathlon220 for probably 7 or 8 years in the UK.
There's useful 'broad brush' info for folks relatively new to triathlon, and lots of pretty photos (and as others say, adverts).
The tech discussions / reviews are OK, but not particularly incisive or in depth most of tue time and certainly not as questioning of fact vs marketing BS.
It is however a very 'positive vibe' magazine which can help folks new to the game.

So, for someone new, I'd say it's worth a read. But as someone who's been into tri for a while, it does get quite 'samey' and 'superficial' at times.

Except... There's a regular column by Tim Hemming which is always good and 'on target' about the current triathlon going-ons, along with the back page article by the often self-deprecating 'weekend warrior' that always causes a good laugh. They are always the 2 sections I look to first when it drops through the letter box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Taren

https://triathlontaren.com
Quote Reply
Re: Thriathlon magazines and websites [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now you've done it!
Quote Reply