Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
Were the 6.4 mile and 11mile timing mats the SAME mat?

Can we please use the proper terminology

Thank you

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Video of them dancing is far from proof that they cut the course, although I understand how that is perceived by communities like Slowtwitch and letsrun.

I suppose I am not trying to argue that they actually ran the entire course. I am trying to understand how the evidence that they cut the course is "not debatable".

It seems like the general assumption is that in order for them to have run the entire course two things must have happened 1. Their chips did not register at mile 11 and 2. they ran super human pace for the last 6+ miles. I agree that is impossible...

HOWEVER, is it possible instead that 1. their chips did not register at mile 6.4. and 2. they ran a slightly above average pace before blowing up?

I don't know if the latter scenario is possible, which is why I am asking. Derek seemed to rule it out based on his articles so I am curious as to the rationale there.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please don't mistake my post as a defense for this behavior.

But all your scenarios are in defense of them, as it is them we are talking about. Now if you are talking about theoretical 8 to 9 minute runners(which they clearly are not) then of course any of you many circumstances could have happened, might of happened, are in the realm of possibility. But these ladies are not those people, likely if they actually did run an entire 1/2 marathon, would be closer to 3 hour finishers...
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
... likely if they actually did run an entire 1/2 marathon, would be closer to 3 hour finishers...

Is that plus or minus 15 minutes worth of selfie-taking along the way?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But all your scenarios are in defense of them

No, I am trying to understand if and how the one scenario I mentioned was ruled out or if it is a possibility. I expect it has been ruled out, I am just curious the explanation. Marathon Investigation seems to hold a pretty high standard when they accuse someone of course cutting and then trying to cover it up. Everyone seems to be grasping to the 4 min mile explanation to the point where the race organizer is offering up $10k if they can run a 6 min mile. Multiple media outlets have picked this up, and they all seem to use as evidence that they would have needed to run a super human pace to complete the full distance.

It seems to me like they cut the course, posted on social media bragging about their race, and then doubled down when accused of cutting the course. I am not really trying to debate that. I am just curious if an alternative explanation is indeed possible or if it was ruled out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a 2 mile mat? In the splits on the race tracker app, I did not see a 2 mile split missing data. Only the 11 mile.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cheaters have the worst luck with timing mats. /pink

so your "defense" is they went out 1:31 over 11 miles which is a 8:16/m pace then dialed that back to like 12:51/m over the last 2.1 miles? of course they've said nothing of the sort in their own defense that indicates they did that.

https://deadspin.com/...ner-in-re-1832967146 a pacesetter claims to have witnessed them cut the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

so your "defense" is they went out 1:31 over 11 miles which is a 8:16/m pace then dialed that back to like 12:51/m over the last 2.1 miles? of course they've said nothing of the sort in their own defense that indicates they did that.

https://deadspin.com/...ner-in-re-1832967146 a pacesetter claims to have witnessed them cut the course.

The headline to the article you posted is "Either Johnny Manziel's Wife is the Fastest Runner in Recorded History or She Cheated in a Half Marathon". Seems like there COULD be a third explanation, like she went out at 8:16 pace and then blew up the last 2.1 miles.

I agree, "cheaters have the worst luck with timing mats" and it is highly implausible that both her and her running partner's chip both malfunctioned on the same mat, but that isn't exactly the story that is getting so much hype. The story is extra interesting because by NOT admitting to cutting the course, they are claiming to have run a super human split. Again, that part of the story is getting so much hype that there is a $10,000 challenge issued.

I love these marathon investigation stories and I enjoy watching these people dig themselves into holes. My intent is not trying to claim these two ran the entire course... I was just curious what evidence we had that when they crossed the timing mat it was their first time getting to that mat. Marathon Investigation does not seem to typically cast stones simply based on a missed timing mat.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
mickison wrote:

The headline to the article you posted is "Either Johnny Manziel's Wife is the Fastest Runner in Recorded History or She Cheated in a Half Marathon". Seems like there COULD be a third explanation, like she went out at 8:16 pace and then blew up the last 2.1 miles.

I agree, "cheaters have the worst luck with timing mats" and it is highly implausible that both her and her running partner's chip both malfunctioned on the same mat, but that isn't exactly the story that is getting so much hype. The story is extra interesting because by NOT admitting to cutting the course, they are claiming to have run a super human split. Again, that part of the story is getting so much hype that there is a $10,000 challenge issued.

I love these marathon investigation stories and I enjoy watching these people dig themselves into holes. My intent is not trying to claim these two ran the entire course... I was just curious what evidence we had that when they crossed the timing mat it was their first time getting to that mat. Marathon Investigation does not seem to typically cast stones simply based on a missed timing mat.

Then why would they not offer up the 3rd explanation? answer. because it didn't happen. they cut the course. if they did not cut the course, as they say they did not, then they would have had to run that super human split which clearly did not happen. unintentional or not, they cut the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [somers515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What took you all so long to post pictures?

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Stafford Brown [ In reply to ]
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [Stafford Brown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stafford Brown wrote:

Honestly this whole concept of breast cancer awareness has gone way too far.

It's almost time to classify this pinkwashing fundraising-to-fund-the-nextweeks-fundraiser itself as a disease.

No one is curing cancer with cute sexy save the ta-ta tshirts. You making a T-shirt company rich.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brother in law died of %80 chronic alcoholism, %20 diabetes, so naturally after he died it was easier to say he died from diabetes.

I went with the whole extended family on two JDRF walks. Honestly with the right mindset in the beginning, but after two events I was done. Good god!
All your money just goes to the bouncehouse, the snowcone truck, live band, the local business they bring out, the cleanup crew, the transportation company.
You might as well just go to your town carnival and walk around it 2x.

This whole topic deserves its own thread - even if it just to rant. The amount of pink shit everywhere is not stopping breast cancer as I unfortunately know....
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit.....so I listen to the Dan Le Batard podcast daily....I think they are bumbling idiots but funny as hell bumbling idiots who poke fun of sports most of the day but love the avenue sports provides for them...kinda funny but interesting dynamics.

Anyways I'm listening today and who is the guest? Marathon Investigator on probaly the biggest espn radio/podcast personality in sports. LOL this is hilarious....

Dan Lebatard basically makes fun of the whole bib mulling process. Dan gives website props and of course in true Lebatard fashion the shipping container calls it "this is the best website in marathon investigation genre".....shipping container- "why do normal people cheat".... "why do you have a website going after the cheaters"...."would you consider yourself a hero"....."have you tried to disapprove a record that you cant completely disapprove just yet"....."what do you say to the ppl calling you a hater".....

Dan- is it possible Manziel's wife made a mistake? DM- "she had to have known she didn't run the half with walking, slow running from the beginning"

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next