Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Urgent need for Speedmax CF SLX rear derailleeur hanger in Lake Taupo
Quote | Reply
I’m in urgent need of a rear derailleur hanger for a Speedmax CF SLX. I’m in Lake Taupo NZ for the Ironman, and wouldn’t you know it... does anyone have any suggestions for how to get my hands on one before Saturday’s race?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Urgent need for Speedmax CF SLX rear derailleeur hanger in Lake Taupo [island rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'l lbe driving down from Tauranga tomorrow. Potentially could swing via Rotorua if that helps.

PM me if I can play courier at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Urgent need for Speedmax CF SLX rear derailleeur hanger in Lake Taupo [island rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phone Canyon Australia right now - they will get you one here before Saturday for sure. +61 39771 1607

I have a couple for Canyon mountain bikes (hanger 26) but I doubt that's the same one. (ETA - just checked and you need hanger 41)
Last edited by: rmt: Feb 25, 19 22:24
Quote Reply
Re: Urgent need for Speedmax CF SLX rear derailleeur hanger in Lake Taupo [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I placed the order with canyon AUS. Looks like we’ll get it done!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome - glad you got it sorted. On every dealing I have had with Canyon Aus they have been outstanding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update? Hope all ok. May be worth trying to put a shout out at welcome dinner to see if anyone has a spare? Just as a backup.

Weather's looking good for Saturday. Hopefully good days all round.
Quote Reply
Re: Urgent need for Speedmax CF SLX rear derailleeur hanger in Lake Taupo [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It looks like I’m set. The part has arrived in NZ and is out for delivery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you go? That 'light wind' made it interesting.

I had a blinding swim (for me), a fair bike (5:21) and then 2 good laps of the run and a nightmare lap of vomit and staggering to the finish an hour later than I hoped in 11:36.
Quote Reply
Re: Urgent need for Speedmax CF SLX rear derailleeur hanger in Lake Taupo [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, thanks for your offer, and big thanks to Slowtwitch, Canyon AUS, rmt and CanyonJay. Rmt, has you not replied when you did, this would have been a different post all together.

So, the part arrived at roughly 2:30 on Friday. With enough time for me to get it on and get the bike into transition with about 15 minutes to spare. I ended up also getting the sestpost water bottle holder that hasn’t been available in the states. So, I put that on too...which resulted in losing two cage bolts during the bike, and ultimately unscrewing bolts by hand while riding and sticking a cage down the back of my jersey. I think I might need some lock-tight.

As for the race, this was my second, and I beat my time in Lake Placid, so I like the trend.

My swim was SLOW. Both my pace, and distance. I sighted poorly and swam an extra 1/2 mile or so (4240 meters) room for improvement, but I honestly enjoyed it. Not something I can generally say about a swim.

Bike was on coach’s target, slow, with the objective of having a good run. I could’ve gone much harder, but don’t know enough about how deep that well is in an IM and how much I’d be stealing from the run yet. The wind was punishing... head, tail and cross. Sometimes all at once!

My run was old school. My Garmin 935 shut down as I entered T2, so I ran on RPE with a goal of being steady and not blowing up. In the end, I didn’t blow up, but was really pretty slow because I was running conservatively. I literally checked the time of day at the end of each lap and tried to gauge my splits. I ended up racing the sun, literally finishing 7 minutes before it officially set.

That run was, first, hillier than I expected, but second, just awesome. The views were great and the spectators were incredible. Cheers constantly, the whole way!

So, in the end, it all worked out. Had a great day, really enjoyed it (bearing in mind that it’s an Ironman). Finished pretty fresh, and felt great the next day. Success all in all. Now I’m looking forward to really going out and trying to empty the tank on the next one.
Quote Reply