Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

protien powder-vegan
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
Just looking to start some intermittent fasting and/or reducing to one meal a day-desperate times here. I am looking for a vegan protein powder with no artificial sweeteners and no metals/lead etc . No sugar of course.I have read the heavy metals in Vega powders...is that a "thing" with most powders. I plan to make 1-2 smoothies a day and a meal at lunch. Going for 12 hours IF to start, then increase if all goes well.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: protien powder-vegan [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you trying to achieve? I have some experience intermittent fasting (

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to lose weight(gained 20 # since my sister was killed last fall) and come to grips with overeating/healthy relationship with food and stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting started is the hard part because your body is not used to it. If you can't stand feeling hungry the first few days will be hard. The main problem is that anything sweet tasting may make managing your urges tougher. The only sweet food I ate would be an apple and some water if I need to eat before dinner time. Synthetic sweetened powders did not curb my appetite at all. Yes, for me the target was not to eat until dinner. After dinner, I would eat whatever I wanted until bed. Most days I would have either a small meal or snack late in the day. 2-3pm then dinner around 6-7 and any snacking later if I desired.
Here is the thing. For me, the meal at dinner time would usually leave me sustained and I would rarely eat after.

So this developed into me eating only when hungry. I was in a weight range where I felt was ideal and so I didn't feel the need to lose any more. I rarely eat in the morning any more, only on weekends. Lunch is now later and smaller if at all. Dinner is as much as I can eat but I never want that much because I'm full with not a lot of food.

Over a period of around 4 months I lost around 25 lbs, with very little effort. Just eating when hungry. The fast was from whenever I ate last to whenever I ate next. Sometimes 12, 15, 20 hrs.

Important points is be patient. It will take time to get used to and if you do the math, it takes a long time for your body to burn 100000 calories of fat (almost 30lbs). Once you get started and are accustomed to the feeling of hunger, never go back to the way you ate before. 3 meals a day is bullshit for most grown humans. It is a social construct of convenience due to our work day schedule. I used to eat when it was breakfast time, lunch time etc but no more.

BTW I am not trying to be evangelical about this or suggest that this is a good way for you to go. Just offering my recent experience and own personal observations on my success. I had to give up tri after a back injury and pounds pack on fast when you go from training your ass off to nada.

Wanna know where the fat goes? Watch this.

(6) The mathematics of weight loss | Ruben Meerman | TEDxQUT (edited version) - YouTube

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Last edited by: Chri55: Feb 25, 19 7:28
Quote Reply