Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time to take some profit?
Quote | Reply
HOLY COW,
Just looked at my 401k, A small cap index up 19%, a mid cap up 17.5% and larg (s&p) up 11.75%. for the year.

Shit, that seems insane, I already took some profits (moved from 25-30% cash) thinking might be a good time to move to 40 or 50%.. This return rate wont continue, but will it lose some of this return or just stay flat the rest of the year?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Time to take some profit? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now look at your 1yr returns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you believe that in a year you will see positive or negative results? The trade deal is going to get done and with it will be a bump.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Time to take some profit? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Markets go up and they go down. Are you 25 or 60 years old ? Makes one hell of a difference. The market has been rolling pretty well for 6 or 8 years now. A lot of folks thought the correction early in the year was the end of Señor Bull. I am retired so most of my money is not in the market, but the part that is sure has been looking good the past few years compared to the slow poke money funds. Have not had to use any yet, but I sleep well with most of my major monies in the secure pile. I took a couple big hits in the early 90s and pulled out before the 2009, then got back in till 2015 and bailed for good. Got lucky me thinks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it was time to pull the majority of my funds(80%) from the market today and place them in a safer place. I kept a fair amount of gold, silver and a dividend fund that pays pretty well. I kicked myself from not doing this back in September. I plan to retire next year at 50 and do a bit of exploring in a sailboat. I think there is a bit more profit to be made in the coming weeks, but that is the same thing I thought last September.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm beginning my journey of a recovering market timer...all data shows that market timing does not work...it's just so goddamn enticing....
Quote Reply