Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Meet your new Ambassador to the UN, Kelly Craft
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Craft, 56, was a business executive and philanthropist before serving as ambassador to Canada. Her husband, Joe Craft, is president and chief executive of coal producer Alliance Resource Partners.

Craft made headlines shortly after assuming her post in Canada when she told Canadian Broadcasting Corp. News that she believes “both sides” of the climate change debate.

“I believe there are sciences on both sides that are accurate,” Craft told the Canadian broadcaster. “Both sides have their own results from their studies, and I appreciate and respect both sides of the science.”

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Meet your new Ambassador to the UN, Kelly Craft [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:
Craft, 56, was a business executive and philanthropist before serving as ambassador to Canada. Her husband, Joe Craft, is president and chief executive of coal producer Alliance Resource Partners.

Craft made headlines shortly after assuming her post in Canada when she told Canadian Broadcasting Corp. News that she believes “both sides” of the climate change debate.

“I believe there are sciences on both sides that are accurate,” Craft told the Canadian broadcaster. “Both sides have their own results from their studies, and I appreciate and respect both sides of the science.”

Everyone’s a winner baby!

Participation badges for everyone!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to take a stand.

Not that an Ambassador to the UN needs to be an advocate one way or the other for climate change, but she will need to be less equivocal at least some of the time if she gets the job.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

Quote:

So there's no hyperbole from the climate change evangelists?
Quote Reply
Re: Meet your new Ambassador to the UN, Kelly Craft [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not at all :). I heard AOC say the world is ending in 12 years. So, I'm gonna eat steak and fly on a plane as often as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If a meteor hit and destroyed the Earth in the next 5 minutes it could not happen too soon. We need to be stopped before we ever colonize outer space.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, do we have a new SECDEF yet? Is it normal to go nearly two months without even nominating a new SECDEF?

Edit: And Chief of Staff. But that's less important than SECDEF, I think.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 23, 19 15:06
Quote Reply
Re: Meet your new Ambassador to the UN, Kelly Craft [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:

So there's no hyperbole from the climate change evangelists?

Stay on target, svennn. Stay on target. It's OK to criticize stupidity, full stop. It looks excessively defensive to immediately re-direct.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 23, 19 15:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Creationists and flat earthers employ the same asinine argument.

"Well you have your scientists and studies and we have ours..."

The tobacco lobby only abandoned that rhetoric relatively recently.
Quote Reply
Re: Meet your new Ambassador to the UN, Kelly Craft [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn scientists claiming the earth is round and trying to fool us into thinking that men went to the moon. Now they want us to think that the earth is getting warmer, it was just record cold outside!
Quote Reply