Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Norsemen - Netflix
Quote | Reply
Anyone watching? Just through episode one and the best way to describe it would be Vikings but the characters are all behaving absurdly... like Ross Geller in friends for some. I put it on expecting gory stuff and it’s pretty hilarious so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Norsemen - Netflix [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Explain a little more. It's on my watch list, but, I have not started it. Should I skip it?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Norsemen - Netflix [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it really funny. It’s definitely NOT another Vikings like TV show. It’s comedy with a bit of blood. Vikings meets Shaun of the Dead?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh. I was hoping for Vikings. I may skip this one.

I finished The Bodyguard last night. Not at all what I expected, but, I still enjoyed it. So, I need a new series.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've watched both seasons. Great show. Funny as hell. It's a 9th century viking sitcom.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bodyguard was decent. But yes if you want something more on the serious side with some ass kicking, then that’s not the right show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely love it. The juxtaposition of the Viking dress and costumes with modern day cliches and speech is pretty funny and unique (like in the first episode when the chieftain hits the slave and then says that a fear-based leadership style doesn't suit him).

Quote | Reply
Love the show. if you look up the stats, the viewership figures in Norway are staggering. It would be like if 200 million people in the US watched Big Bang Theory
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's kind of like Vikings meets The Office. Its very funny.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Norsemen - Netflix [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I decided to give it a shot. Watched the first two episodes last night. I agree. Very entertaining. I’m in.

Quote Reply
Re: Norsemen - Netflix [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the Norwegian accent (sorry, Halvard) makes it even funnier. I just love the casual delivery of lines that are sometimes cruel, or violent. Like the exchange between the slave who is about to be beheaded, and the woman holding the axe, or Arvid's holmgang is pretty funny. But there are so many lines that are so funny.

They say the first thing to go when you lose your hands is your fine motor skills, or the tree of exclusion can bear some bitter fruits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nine out of ten concerns are unfounded. So they say.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched this based on the recommendations here and got really hooked, really quickly! At 30 min an episode and only 6 episodes/season, I went through both seasons really quickly. Now I am on serious withdrawal! This is a ridiculous and ridiculously addictive series!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um ... excuse me, but, what hell happened??? Seasons 1 and 2 were beyond epic. Season 3 kinda sucks!

What happened???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t started yet. I don’t like hearing that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it has been out for awhile, but the Man in the High Castle is really good. My wife and I just finished up the fourth and final season. I'm not too happy with the ending, but it was a good ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're high. Watching the maturation of Jarl Varg was great, everybody is saying it.

Spoiler below!!!!!!!!

And who doesn't like a good public scrotum caning? That scene had me laughing out loud just as much as seeing the beans above the frank in Something about Mary.

-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Jul 30, 20 13:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Um ... excuse me, but, what hell happened??? Seasons 1 and 2 were beyond epic. Season 3 kinda sucks!

What happened???

You still talking about the Norsemen, or are you having Walking Dead flashbacks?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Norsemen - Netflix [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's terrible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Ugh. I was hoping for Vikings. I may skip this one.

I finished The Bodyguard last night. Not at all what I expected, but, I still enjoyed it. So, I need a new series.

Stateless, a true story about this Aussie woman who is bipolar and checks herself into a border/refugee detention centre in northern Australia.

Covers a lot of perspectives, her, her family who are looking for her, various illegal immigrants, detention guards and the politics of their superiors.

Stranger than fiction...

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Anyone watching? Just through episode one and the best way to describe it would be Vikings but the characters are all behaving absurdly... like Ross Geller in friends for some. I put it on expecting gory stuff and it’s pretty hilarious so far.

Based on this thread and also that netflix is highlighting the show I decided to give the first couple episodes a try. I like it. Pretty funny. There are a couple scenes though, where I gringe and can't look at the TV. For example, the Slave asks for his cape back. Fucking disgusting but damn funny.
Quote Reply