Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AOC’s Luxury Digs- [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Chicago gets backups at the weirdest times but masterpass has gotten rid of all the damn toll booths every 10 feet. It still sucks, but at least now they aren't intentionally causing jams.

Chicago does get back ups at the weirdest times. Driving out of the city at 1 am, suddenly getting stuck in traffic without any sort of accident. It can happen at the most random times. Also, I believe they are called "ipass" not masterpass.

Also Illinios tolls are the only the only tolls in the country that will take pennies. Because Lincoln.
Last edited by: chaparral: Feb 21, 19 8:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
...Chicago gets backups at the weirdest times but masterpass has gotten rid of all the damn toll booths every 10 feet. It still sucks, but at least now they aren't intentionally causing jams...

Mass rolling out rolling road tolling on the Pike has been the best thing. Exits don't back up miles anymore. The one cross-lane booths (90 EB in Newton) used to back up miles every day, morning and night. Now it's just stop and go for 20 miles to and from Boston LOL
Quote Reply
Re: AOC’s Luxury Digs- [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
j p o wrote:
Chicago gets backups at the weirdest times but masterpass has gotten rid of all the damn toll booths every 10 feet. It still sucks, but at least now they aren't intentionally causing jams.

Chicago does get back ups at the weirdest times. Driving out of the city at 1 am, suddenly getting stuck in traffic without any sort of accident. It can happen at the most random times. Also, I believe they are called "ipass" not masterpass.

Also Illinios tolls are the only the only tolls in the country that will take pennies. Because Lincoln.

Hah! I am working on a project at work to take credit cards differently that is called master pass. The term I was looking for was EZ Pass.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived in DC (technically Rockville, MD). The traffic is off the charts horrendous.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: AOC’s Luxury Digs- [too.tall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too.tall wrote:
It's in a great location and close to Nats Park. I'd live there too. Calling luxury living is stretch. It's typical for the housing in that area. Loaded with people her age.

This might be the most underrated post in this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: AOC’s Luxury Digs- [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
j p o wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
True freshmen representatives sleep under their desk!

There's a reason a handful of people were doing this. Shower at the Capitol gym, eat in the cafeteria, transform your office to a bedroom after hours.

It would also solve the commute time. I've driven in most major cities in the US, DC's traffic was top 2 or 3 worst, probably first. But it was only a couple days so I don't know if it was an anomaly.

Completely off topic - Where would you rank Houston? It is one of the worst I've driven in.

Houston has a large maze of highways. We basically have three loops around the city now: the inner most loop is I-610, the middle loop is Beltway 8, and the outer loop is SH-99. SH-99 is not a complete loop yet and may never be but where it's not connected is in parts of the greater Houston area with not much population. Then we have the main artery roads: I-10 running east/west, I-45 running north/south, I-69/Hwy-59 running NE/SW, and Hwy-290 running NW/SE.

When I first moved here the worst traffic was on I-10, 290, and I-45. I-10 was arguably the worst traffic but it was the first to get a major construction overhaul and it wasn't that bad after that. So that eased up traffic on the western side of Houston and western 'burbs like Katy. I-45 and 59/69 were next on the construction list. That helped ease up traffic in those directions and made it easier for people in 'burbs such as Spring, and The Woodlands to the north, and Sugar Land to the southwest. 290 then became the de facto traffic shit show and absolute nightmare. It has been under construction for the better part of the last 7-8 years. It's finally close to being finished and has made things much easier for people out in the northwestern 'burbs like Cypress (where I live).

I have driven in many major cities as well and I would say the worst are DC, Atlanta, and LA. Houston would've been on that list years ago but it's a million times better than it was. The issue with both DC and Atlanta (especially DC) is they don't have the comprehensive layout of highways like Houston. DC has basically one main road east and west and one main road north and south (the notorious I-95) until you get closer to the city where the loops start, and the loops are too close to the city to help commuter traffic coming from 'burbs 20+ miles away. Population density tends to be north and south of DC so I-95 really sucks. Atlanta has similar issues with one main road running north/south and another running east/west. They do have one loop but need two or three like Houston. LA is LA. Apparently there's no feasible way to cure traffic woes there.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next