Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Switching from Coffee to Tea [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coffee is nasty as is the smell. Try high quality English breakfast or earl grey then try to compare it to store bought crap. It won’t happen. Some quality teas can be found in bags but are better loose. Not the highest of quality but Fortnum and Mason, Whittard of Chelsea, Jing Tea and Tea Forte are all a good start.

Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
I'm actually the opposite. Always preferred tea and could never really drink much coffee as I found it kept me up all night and would even give me the shakes. But I've forced myself and find that my system has adapted to it. Actually enjoying it now, but still drink both. There are health benefits to both coffee and green tea. Coffee is like beer however, there is no point in drinking the horse piss versions of either. Just drink the better quality stuff.

What are your suggestions for Good Stuff for coffee? I'm pretty lazy and just get Dunkin Donuts or something similar at the grocery store. I'm thinking I'd like to mix in tea, but I'm thinking I'll have coffee as well, just less.
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from Coffee to Tea [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
As to the original post, I wonder what the reasoning is for switching. There are lots of thoughts on which is a more wholesome beverage. I sort of do chuckle at people that only drink green tea for their health benefits and are possibly consuming tea with lots of chemicals on it. Unless you know the source, you just can't be sure what you are drinking. Good luck everybody.

Main reason is I would like to decrease my caffeine intake. Since coffee has so much, I end up getting more than is required to provide the ability to concentrate. But drinking small doses throughout the day seems like a hassle. Part of drinking it is just to have something to do, so a drink with less caffeine seems like a good answer.
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from Coffee to Tea [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well if you can find a local shop that roasts their own beans it will be fresh. Then find what brew of theirs you like. I think a French press is pretty cheap and makes a good cup. I can't help you in picking out a coffee, what I like you may hate. With that said a low acidic coffee is probably a good start for a new bee. Often peaberry coffees are nice mellow roasts. Think of it as an adventure exploring coffee. I pretty much don't like Starbuck anything if you have have a Coffee Bean & Tea leaf near you their Bali Blue Moon is a real nice smooth cup. There are so many local coffee joints to choose from that probably all have a decent brew for you. Hope that helps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next