Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New(used) Guitar Stoke
Quote | Reply
Made the mistake of stopping into a local PS. On the rack....Jazzmaster....
Made another mistake of playing it.
Drove home, Loaded up some other guitars and my son. Went back.....had him play it with max reverb and then asked for a deal.
I can stop searching now. Goodness it is dreamy.
Hope some one can relate.

Quote Reply
Re: New(used) Guitar Stoke [chuckhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No mistake. Awesomeness.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: New(used) Guitar Stoke [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right now my Jazzmaster is my main axe...I've been playing through my daughter's Mesa MkV/25 w/an Orange cabinet and the crunchiness is just too awesome. I bought the guitar on an impulse one Saturday a couple of years back during a visit to Guitar Center when I think I went in for a set of strings or pics or something..Some of the other guitars in my arsenal are getting a little jealous.
Last edited by: alltom1: Feb 16, 19 7:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can relate all the way. Fender guy from way back and bought my current American Professional Series Jazz Bass last year after walking into the music store just to pick up some new strings for my 2011 MiM 70s era Jazz Bass. After noodling with it for a few minutes I walked out with and have been happy ever since (my wife wasn't too thrilled, heh). I've owned Strats and P- and J-Bass models from Japan, Mexico and the U.S. and I've loved them all. My dad used to play in a semi-pro R&R band in the late 60s and early 70s (bar scene stuff, and they were pretty popular around Detroit back then, though I always thought they had a dumb name ("The 86th Acre")) and he had a Jazzmaster. I always thought it had the best sound of all his axes.

Good grab, big guy.

(My then new baby):

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations. It's surprising what good used deals you can find at GC. I the fall I went in to look at a Martin Road Series 000rsg, and I wanted to compare it to a higher priced Martin. Holy Crap, they had a 5 year old Martin Custom Shop OM-18. It was originally ordered by Mandolin Bros, the now closed, legendary shop on Staten Island that Joni Mitchel sings about in ''Song for Sharon''. With the first strum, it was like the roof opened and I could hear the angels playing their harps.

It was five years old and virtually unplayed, probably with the original strings. I tried and tried to get them to lower the price but got nothing, but I did get four new sets of strings with it. I just had to have it. It plays and sounds better than anything I've ever heard. After seeing what a new OM-18 costs, I really got a bargain.

Again,congratulations on you new Jazzmaster!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a beautiful Jazzmaster, love the wood and details, congrats! Nothing like getting a new/used guitar. I need to take a pic of my new (Christmas present) Kiesel SH 550...
Last edited by: Mike D1: Feb 17, 19 14:12
Quote Reply