Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2017 Felt IA16
Quote | Reply
Good day gentlemen and gentlewomen,

I need help regarding a particular bike model. Am looking to upgrade my current triathlon bike. It is a 2017 Felt IA16. Have been wanting to change the stock brakes for a while now, looking at the Tririg Omega X. Was wondering if the community could provide me with their opinions regarding the pros and cons of having it switched to those brakes. I believe the current brakes on my bike are dual pivot mount. Would be grateful if those who have bought the Tririg Omega X brakes, tell me more about them. Thank you so very much.

Kindest regards,
Joel Ash

Update:

- I'm considering between Tririg and KCNC for brake replacement.
Last edited by: joelasharr: Feb 14, 19 1:07
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Felt IA16 [joelasharr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put them on my 2017 IA16 over the last 2 months (front, then back). Very easy install and work 10x's better than the stock brake.....at least the rear. I won't lie, most of my time is on the trainer, so I don't have tons of miles on them. But as far as ease of install and fit with the bike, they are very good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had a pair of Omega X brakes on my IA16 for a few years now. They are simply fantastic. I chose the rear for its mechanical advantage and center cable exit for cleaner cable routing. The budget option would have been a direct mount Shimano Ultegra caliper, but I much prefer the Omega X. The Omega X on the front is the dual-threat of great stopping power and great aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Felt IA16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey exxxviii,

Thank you for your feedback! Just to confirm, the Tririg Omega X brakes do fit the frame right? Do I need to get a dual pivot adapter of sorts for it to be mounted or does it come upon order of the brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Felt IA16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi KG6,

Thank you for your feedback and assurance that it will fit. Yes, I've actually been using the bike in it's stock components since purchase and have only just decided to give it an overhaul and upgrade to the beast. Been racing for a bit with the stock brakes but have never really thought about the poor grip of the rear brake till lately on a casual ride with some mates on a downhill. So yea, your assurance was greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Omega X fits perfectly on the rear of the IA16 out of the box. It requires the included direct mount adapter.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Felt IA16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi exxxviii,

Upon order, does it come with just 1 brake or 2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An single order ($185 MSRP) is one brake caliper. You would need a quantity of two for both front and rear brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll add my endorsement for the TriRig brake in the rear. I found that with a deep dish carbon wheel there is enough flex that you have to open the stock 105 brake far enough that you are left with very poor brake performance. The larger mechanical advantage of the TriRig Omega X will make up the distance, and also allows you to adjust the position of each side of the brake independently to get it perfectly dialed.

I have a long list of other upgrades that come before spending $185 to move the front brake cable to be a little more aero, but everyone's budget is different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll add mine as well. I upgraded my IA16 after a year and have been very satisfied too. They were easy to install and have worked flawlessly. I was worried about losing the covers from bumps or just simply falling off but the magnets have worked great. I take the covers off to clean and allow any water to dry out so the magnets don't rust. My best test for them has been the Lake Logan Half (N.C.), it's a hilly course, this past year the roads were wet and with my FLO's (aluminum brake track) I had no issues. I would buy them again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a set for my IA16. Never installed, ended up getting an IA4.

One never opened, the other opened to look at it.

Send me a PM if interested in buying.
Quote Reply