Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 400 Freehub
Quote | Reply
I'm taking a pot shot with this, but what the hell. I has an otherwise perfectly good 1998 pair of Zipp 400 tubulars given to me. Unfortunately the freehub on the rear has excessive axial play in it. Does anyone have an old 400 wheel, freehub, or know where I could scavange some parts? Zipp no longer offers parts for these.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 400 Freehub [bray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bray, I've come across a pair of older zipp 440s with a similar problem. I'm currently looking into either fixing them (if possible) or replacing the hub. Have you had any success with this, or can recommend anything for my situation? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 400 Freehub [Paul Graham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul,

I finally figured out that attempting to find an original "old" hub was useless. I had my wheels repaired by my lbs. Any bike shop can simply replace the entire hub with a new one and relace the wheels. In my case they had a Bontrager hub laying around that had been returned, so I got that for $35.00, total repair was about $200.00. You can get a brand new Ultegra hub for about $70.00. If the wheels are in otherwise good condition, it's worth having them fixed.

Good luck.
Quote Reply