Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: National Enquirer may be in some trouble.... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Google "extortion" or "blackmail" and it's all you get. As someone pointed out, "You don't tug on Superman's cape". I feel so sad for them ;).

Found on Twitter:

That seems like a bad idea. If The Bahamas transferred their entire GDP to one person it would take 13+ years to equal his wealth. By which time Bezos would have 4 times as much money.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: National Enquirer may be in some trouble.... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Google "extortion" or "blackmail" and it's all you get. As someone pointed out, "You don't tug on Superman's cape". I feel so sad for them ;).

Found on Twitter:

That seems like a bad idea. If The Bahamas transferred their entire GDP to one person it would take 13+ years to equal his wealth. By which time Bezos would have 4 times as much money.

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck those dummies were thinking. As the world's richest man, who coincidentally also owns the Washington Post, meaning that he buys ink by the ocean and can pay for it just out of petty cash, he certainly can put a world of hurt on someone if he's of a mind to.

Right now, he's obviously taking a relatively soft approach coming across as the victim publicly, but never doubt for a second that one of these super-rich billionaires can't be a complete and total hard-ass if they want. After all, being a complete and total hard-ass is partly responsible for why they became super-rich billionaires in the first place.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next