Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campagnolo compatibility question
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm considering a bike that has Campagnolo components. I have always avoided campy parts. My question is I want to make it more climber friendly. I know with Shimano this is easy as there's mountain bike rear derailleurs and even road bike mid and long cage derailleurs. I am wanting a compact up front and in the rear a 11-34 cassette. Is this possible with 10 speed camphy chorus?
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo compatibility question [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if its a long cage chorus rear derailuer. Short cage goes to 29 max.
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo compatibility question [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Does camphy have mountain bike components as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
I am wanting a compact up front and in the rear a 11-34 cassette. Is this possible with 10 speed camphy chorus?

It is if you install different shifters, derailleur and cassette... ;)

10spd Campy shifters are kind of a pain. They require rebuilding at regular intervals (<10k miles IME). Look at Jtek Shiftmate and see if there is something you can use to mix and match: http://www.jtekengineering.com/...lity-charts-choices/
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo compatibility question [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want more info on Campy go to the Paceline forum, there are a lot of users and experts there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may be chasing a unicorn. Campy introduced 11sp in 2008. I can't remember when 10sp Chorus went out of production, but I put 11sp Chorus on a bike in 2011. Campy also didn't make cogs larger than a 29 back then. A quick perusal and I can find 10sp Veloce in a 13x29 and a couple of 10sp Record cassettes, but not bigger than a 28. Unlike 11sp, 10sp Campy isn't compatible with 10sp Shimano/SRAM, so you can't just swap out the rear wheel for a Shimano one. The J-Tek mentioned earlier may make that possible.

Finally, it's only going to get harder to find 10sp Campy chains and cassettes, so unless there's really something special about this bike, you may wish to look elsewhere. And I say that as an owner of 2 Campy 11sp Super Record and 1 11sp Chorus bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This bike must be very old.

You want Campy 11 speed Chorus with a medium cage rear derailed which will fit an 11-32 Potenza cassette (which is a boat anchor).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sram exact actuation MTB rear derailleur will work with your shifters and a Shimano 10sp cassette( 11-32, 11-34, 11-36).
You will obviously need a shimano freewheel to suit the cassette.
Quote Reply