Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Mont Tremblant (IMMT) 2019 training weekend/camp?
Quote | Reply
Hi, Patrick McCrann from Endurance Nation told me that someone here organizes an IMMT training weekend every year. My understanding is that athletes rent a house (for a week? weekend?) and train on the course in preparation for IMMT. He suggested that someone who is active here and is familiar with the IMMT course helps organize this weekend and attends. Does anyone have info on this? I am very interested in joining this if possible. I am registered for IMMT 2019. I've completed 2*70.3, 2*26.2 and many other shorter races. This will be my first 140.6. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Mont Tremblant (IMMT) 2019 training weekend/camp? [RRRambo14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, the best training camp you can do is find a really long steep hill (25 +/- minutes of ascending) or 9 km long and on a really hot day after a really long ride, ride up it, then go round and do it all again. The course map says it's only a 100m or so of rise, but with the valleys it's way more than that. Oh and do it on a 12-26 (then on race day do it on an 11-28). Best of luck. Good news, the road is immaculate and you'll hit around 75kph on the way back down. wheeee!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Mont Tremblant (IMMT) 2019 training weekend/camp? [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, thanks for the advice Michael Hatch! I'm probably still going to try and ride the course (and probably run some too), even if I go up there myself. But if there is a group looking for other athletes to share accommodation expenses and share in the experience, I would prefer that.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Mont Tremblant (IMMT) 2019 training weekend/camp? [RRRambo14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth. I went to the race a bit last minute and ended up outside the ski village, by about 8k, about a mile north of the town itself. It was in a motel called rather grandly the Auberge Mountain View Inn. And normally I wouldn't have given the place much thought. It's a bit past it's prime inexpensive motel on Rue Labelle Hwy 327. But they did a great breakfast, there were deer in the garden at breakfast, you could bike into either town or village and just down from the motel is a running/bike trail, that goes to both as well. Which is actually the trail they run the marathon on. The day after the race the manager had printed up the results and put them out. And they were cheerful about it. And sometimes it's those little things that get you. So if you want cheap and cheerfull, I recommend it. Cheers.

As for the race. I went up the hill at a good pace on the first loop and cramped out on the second and lost 4 minutes figuring how to ride with straight legs. Of course I had the 12-26 cogset on. The 11-28 is better because you won't spin out so quick on the hills (you will anyway) and the 28 might have saved me from the cramps and walking for the first half hour of the run. Don't forget your pickle juice. The run is a blast. The town and the village get involved in a big way. Great venue. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Mont Tremblant (IMMT) 2019 training weekend/camp? [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a million Michael! I already booked an AirBbB for race weekend that seems pretty reasonably priced, but I like the sound of your hotel too. I may stay there for my race rehearsal. I'll also mention it to my family. I definitely plan to race with a 11-28. I appreciate the recommendation! Great recommendations on the electrolytes (I love pickle juice) and reminder to save something for that 2nd big climb. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A major factor on this course is the smaller climbs and the rolling terrain that can get you before you hit "the big one" (which isn't that bad; it's less than 4miles and about 350 ft of gain and a couple of "steep" sections) at the end of the bike lap, x2. So you really just need to be able to manage rolling terrain well with some steady ups and downs mixed in. I was able to conserve watts on the first lap and crack off the second with a few watts higher average, and if you aim to build your effort on this course (well, most courses) it'll pay dividends on the run. Ride lots of rolling terrain with steady efforts if you can, throw in a few longer climbs, you'll be set.

Hope you find the training camp. Good luck training, this is a fantastic, beautiful, exciting course!

Matt Leu, M.S. Kinesiology
San Pedro Fit Works, Los Angeles, CA
Endurance Athlete and Coach
Consistency/time=results
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Mont Tremblant (IMMT) 2019 training weekend/camp? [ironmatt85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks a million Ironmatt! That sounds like great advice & consistent with some race execution guidelines I've gotten from my team/coach. I live in Michigan, so rolling terrain is about all I can do on a regular basis. But I'm going to a couple out of state cycling weekends between now and August with plenty of climbing (some steady & some steep). So I'm less worried about being familiar with riding that type of terrain and more interested in gaining the mental edge that comes from familiarity. Plus, I love to travel and have extra flexibility in my work this summer, so I think it would be a fun get away weekend (swimming in that lake sounds fun too!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure where you're located, but my club - NortheastMultisport (based in Nashua, NH) - does a training camp there each year. This year it is July 25th-28th. Here's the link on our website: https://northeastmultisport.com/event-info/

You could try to contact our club and see if someone not in the club could attend.

On a different note, I've race at Tremblant four times and it's my favorite venue.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Mont Tremblant (IMMT) 2019 training weekend/camp? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a million Nate Thomas!! I'll check that out. Thanks a ton for the positive words. I've heard many great things about this course (including Mike Reilley will be announcing this year), so I'm thrilled to race it as my first 140.6!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
limitlesscoaching.ca run a weekend to familarise with the course. Friday May 31 - Sunday 2.

Format along the lines, arrive Friday , hills repeats on Duplessis, Meet and greet ,Nutrition planning
Sat swim in lake, cycle the course, various distances options including the full
Sunday swim and run on the run course and leave for home.

eric@limitlesscoaching.ca is the contact for more info.

I am doing Tremblant for the 5th time this year and I am back in June for 3rd year of the camp weekend
Quote Reply