Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Video For The Trainer
Quote | Reply
It's that time of year where most of us are torturing ourselves by riding indoors. I can't stand riding inside, but it has to be done. I would love any video suggestions (links) that you folks have for content to pass the time on the trainer.

I stumbled across this Dirk Bockel Documentary on Vimeo in his quest to win Kona. It's a great watch and pretty engaging, but I'm not sure how many have seen it.

https://vimeo.com/72841394

Let me know what your favorite youtube or vimeo videos are to pass the time on the trainer

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: A Video For The Trainer [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love watching movies when I can on the trainer/TM in my garage, but honestly, I've been doing the Trainerroad Oly build block right now, and it's literally too hard for me to watch stuff anymore save the warmup. I gotta shut the eyes, focus hard, and grind it out! Quality of workouts has def gone up, but admittedly the 'fun' factor has decreased or changed a bit to 'fear' factor...

3 min VO2max 120%FTP intervals suckkkkkk !
Quote Reply
Re: A Video For The Trainer [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm envious of those who can just pound it out for 3-4 hours on the trainer. For me like 1 hour with intervals is not too bad, 1.5 hours starts to get boring, 2 hours is the final straw. I'm trying videos with noise cancelling headphones to try to engage me outside of the fact that I'm not going anywhere. Still struggling to really be engaged and loving the trainer.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: A Video For The Trainer [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doing the Oly plan as well, I hear you. I tried to watch an episode of my favorite TV show the other day while doing one of the workouts...when I finished I realized I have no idea what happen in the episode, lol. I usually just watch GTN/GCN non-sense instead.
Quote Reply
Re: A Video For The Trainer [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with not being able to follow plot of shows.
I find rewatching some shows help RPE a tad during those rough middle 1.5 minutes of the 3 minute VO2max sets (Band of brothers, Lost)
Quote Reply
Re: A Video For The Trainer [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaniD wrote:
Doing the Oly plan as well, I hear you. I tried to watch an episode of my favorite TV show the other day while doing one of the workouts...when I finished I realized I have no idea what happen in the episode, lol. I usually just watch GTN/GCN non-sense instead.

Im doing TR SSB II and same stuff, threshold, over unders, VO2 Max, etc I either do music or things like Tour de France highlight videos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
It's that time of year where most of us are torturing ourselves by riding indoors. I can't stand riding inside, but it has to be done. I would love any video suggestions (links) that you folks have for content to pass the time on the trainer.

I stumbled across this Dirk Bockel Documentary on Vimeo in his quest to win Kona. It's a great watch and pretty engaging, but I'm not sure how many have seen it.

https://vimeo.com/72841394

Let me know what your favorite youtube or vimeo videos are to pass the time on the trainer

These are on Amazon Prome but Ive enjoyed :

All for one - A five year journey. Thousands of miles. Champions born. United by their renegade spirit and a determination to win against odds, team members Mathew Hayman, Esteban Chaves, Simon Gerrans, Matthew Keenan, Phil Liggett, and Robbie McEwen show the true meaning of "All for One." Follow the most tremendous Aussies on their long road to success becoming Australia's first ProTour cycling team

The Road Uphill - This beautifully composed doc takes a rare look behind the scenes during the prestigious 2011 Tour de France, following top professional cycling team Leopard Trek and two of the world's best riders: Andy and Frank Schleck. An intimate cinematic portrait of the two brothers and a team under pressure

Klunkerz - A Film about Mountain Bikes - Using archival footage, photographs, and interviews, the film tells the story of the early days of mountain biking. In the 1970s San Francisco was the vortex of American counter-culture. Over the Golden Gate Bridge, another movement started. The kids here scavenged bikes from junkyards and adapted motorcycle parts, and a billion dollar industry was born: the mountain bike, also known as klunkerz.

and

Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist - The unique and compelling story of one man taking on the mountains, an athlete's battle against addiction, set against the dramatic background of the Alps during the Tour de France, Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist is the tragic tale of Marco Pantani versus himself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if you mountain bike but I like watching mountain biking videos. They remind me that being on a bike is actually fun (as opposed to the trainer) and I can zone out when the intervals get tough and not worry about missing anything. Redbull.tv has lots of good stuff and there are plenty of videos on Youtube. The Fast Life is a good Red Bull series that follows some young professional MTB riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironmind- Punk Rocker John Joseph and London Real Host Brian Rose train for a 1/2 IM.

Chasing Ten- Some random guy trying to break 10 in an IM

Tim Don- The man with a Halo

MAMIL- Vimeo pay to view
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spend a lot of time on the Kickr these days.

1. I've got the NBC sports gold cycling pass. I got it mainly to watch cyclocross world cups in English, but I also recently watched the TDU. Spring classics/ToC/etc will be available before the subscription ends right before the TdF. Not sure if I'll renew or not.

2. https://triathlonlive.tv/ Great coverage and you can watch many many races from past seasons

3. RedBull TV. I think their coverage of the MTB world cups (DH and XC) is probably the best free endurance sports content I've seen.

4. SkiingVinnie on Youtube. Lots of world cup XC ski races. I've never even touched a pair of XC skis, but the races are great to watch.

5. SuperLeague on Youtube, lots of content, full races.

6. Other CX races on youtube, usually in Dutch/Flemish (you can probably tell, I'm a CX guy).

I've considered getting the NBC sports gold Track pass, but at $70 per year it's a little spendy.

I watch all of this on a roku device, so I have nice apps for NBC sports gold, RedBullTV, and youtube. It just makes the whole experience a little easier/cleaner.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch froning the crossfit doc! Its epic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my first week back riding my trainer. I did 2, 1hr rides this week. I watched Ali vs Frazier 1 on Tuesday night and Ali vs Frazier 2 last night on YouTube. I really like watching these old fights because there isn't a lot of commentary that you need to pay attention too and the fights are exciting. I plan on watching a lot of the old classic fights until I get bored of them.
Quote Reply