Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar Vortex [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raygovett wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I considered wearing a shirt for my morning run today.

Decided against it.

I know, right.

I have to mow lawns today, considering shirtless..

Oh, and the mini-roses are budding :-)

I had to wear a sweatshirt while taking my daughter to school. Shorts and flips, too.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vortex [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vortex [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went for a run anyway. Take that polar vortex. Sure didn’t do that during Irma.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My kids need to go back to school/daycare. They are starting to drive us crazy (I've been told to work from home).
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Jan 31, 19 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vortex [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw something funny on Twitter from comedian Matt Oswald - "Polar Vortex sounds like a position Mrs. Claus only does with Santa on their anniversary."

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vortex [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right there with you. My kids are driving me nuts and the drop in day care has been closed, which we'd typically use if school is closed. Fortunately, I can easily work from home in those situations, but it's hard to be as productive and there's just been too much noise with them around.

It's been absurd here, though. Today was -19, although it felt pretty decent inside where the sun was coming through the window to my office. Our big energy provider in the state (Michigan) had a fire at one of its natural gas facilities yesterday, so to ease pressure on the gas grid they asked everyone to turn heat down to no higher than 65 until temperatures rise, asked businesses with high extremely natural gas use to shut down for a couple of days, and the governor backed the ask. Our municipality sent out a message asking residents to stay off the roads because plows weren't able to keep up & accidents were abundant. An insane number of businesses closed, the few local restaurants that remained open seemed to be offering free sides plus 25%+ off everything just to entice a few people to darken their doors. Even the children's hospital closed doctor offices to non-emergent patients. I've never seen anything quite like it, despite winters with more snow. But in just 4 days it's supposed to be 70 degrees warmer than it was today, so we'll have flooding to look forward to...it's so fucking bizarre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Officially back above 0 degrees Fahrenheit
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vortex [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn it's hot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I grew up in Ohio and had a newspaper route. The coldest I ever delivered in was -20. My moped would keep stalling so I had to push the damn thing.
Now I live in Austin and it was a frighteningly cold 37 degrees the other day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unanticipated consequences of the Internet:

https://www.click2houston.com/...to-hospital-1[/font]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Air Conditioning is on in my train car.... woot woot
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vortex [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I considered wearing a shirt for my morning run today.

Decided against it.

Yep, we have had to mow lawns 3 times already, and the peaches are blooming :-)

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vortex [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran in shorts this a.m. and it was glorious.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next