Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mueller's office and the Buzzfeed story
Quote | Reply
Who here can read this quote and tell me exactly what it means. Sure as shit, I have no fucking clue what it means because it's sufficiently vague.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate.”

http://nymag.com/...er-what-we-know.html

What I would like to know:

• Why did Mueller's office respond to this story and none of the other hundreds of stories that have been written?
  • What nerve did this particular story hit?
  • Why is the response so vague? (I think I know the answer to that one)
  • What "specific statements"?

As soon as I read the Mueller office statement I thought "that doesn't tell us anything". Meanwhile a whole bunch of people say that it "proves the story to be false".

I am just looking for why you think that. What of that extremely vague response "proves the story to be false"?

I have no idea if the story is true. I have no idea if the story is false. What I do know is that something about this story got Muellers attention.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller's office and the Buzzfeed story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the biggest mysteries is why Mueller even prosecuted Cohen in the first place. All indications are that Cohen was the one that told Mueller that he lied, congress had no idea it was a lie until after Cohen had cooperated. Mueller basically asked for no time for this crime, since he said any sentance should run in parallel to the SDNY charges. He could have just told the judge in the case that the cooperation helped, he didn't have to charge him. Mueller did not charge Flynn for a bunch of stuff that he did and the judge even pointed that out. So Mueller doesn't feel the need to charge cooperators with all the crimes possible and Cohen already was being charged, so it is not clear why Mueller brought up this charge.

We know from Mueller that one of three areas where Cohen provided valuable information about how he prepared his testimony with the White House. Also, I would assume Cohen is smart enough to coordinate his lies with the White House in some ways, because you wouldn't want to lie to congress and then someone else testifies with the truth that directly contradicts what you said. And of course if you know someone lied to congress, you really should tell congress that, but the White House felt no need. So the White House was fine with these lies.

So likely Mueller knows who coordinated the lies to the people testifying before congress. But that person is not trump and that is at least what Mueller was correcting, since trump did not tell Cohen personally to lie. But someone was making sure everyone was kept their stories straight. Now did trump tell that person to do that? Or know it was going on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Who here can read this quote and tell me exactly what it means. Sure as shit, I have no fucking clue what it means because it's sufficiently vague.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate.”

http://nymag.com/...er-what-we-know.html

What I would like to know:

• Why did Mueller's office respond to this story and none of the other hundreds of stories that have been written?
  • What nerve did this particular story hit?
  • Why is the response so vague? (I think I know the answer to that one)
  • What "specific statements"?

As soon as I read the Mueller office statement I thought "that doesn't tell us anything". Meanwhile a whole bunch of people say that it "proves the story to be false".

I am just looking for why you think that. What of that extremely vague response "proves the story to be false"?

I have no idea if the story is true. I have no idea if the story is false. What I do know is that something about this story got Muellers attention.

What got someone’s attention was that telling Cohen to lie is a clearly impeachable offense and Legislators wanted answers. So the acting AG ordered Mueller to put something out to cover Trump’s ass for a hot minute.

That’s my bet. And the acting AG will be asked about that under oath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What of that extremely vague response "proves the story to be false"?

Let me take out some of the filler...

“BuzzFeed’s description and characterization... regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate.”

I don't think it loses any significant context this way, either.
Last edited by: SH: Jan 24, 19 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller's office and the Buzzfeed story [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:
What of that extremely vague response "proves the story to be false"?

Let me take out some of the filler...

“BuzzFeed’s description and characterization... regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate.”

I don't think it loses any significant context this way, either.

Doesn't make it any less vague. "not accurate" leaves a lot open for interpretation.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller's office and the Buzzfeed story [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
What got someone’s attention was that telling Cohen to lie is a clearly impeachable offense and Legislators wanted answers. So the acting AG ordered Mueller to put something out to cover Trump’s ass for a hot minute.

That’s my bet. And the acting AG will be asked about that under oath.

And I am willing to bet that trump never told Cohen personally to lie. That would have been in the sentancing document Cohen submitted, but that document pretty clearly does not say that.

Now did whomever told Cohen to lie, did trump tell them to tell Cohen to lie? Or did trump know that someone told Cohen to lie? Those are questions that are not clear.
Quote Reply