DJRed wrote:
chaparral wrote:
DJRed wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Duffy wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
I am going to assume that they didn't end up in the middle of a left wing political rally wearing MAGA hats (which is only to say, dressed as the villain) by accident.

In other words you base your opinions on absolutely nothing.

Thanks.

so you are saying they ended up in the situation by accident or was the obvious assumption by me correct?

They had attended a pro life rally and were waiting for their bus to pick them up and were approached by black Hebrew Israelites who hurled insults at them, and then and Indian guy APPROACHED THEM and beat a drum inches from a boy’s face.

They had no choice but to mock the native americans peace fully protesting with tomahawk chops!

Seriously, the native americans were trying to defuse the situtation and well, it did not exactly work.

I've always thought the best way to diffuse and calm a teenage male hyped on testosterone is to take a percussion instrument and bang it repeatedly in his face. Glad conventional wisdom has caught up.

Come to think of it, I guess that's exactly what riot police do when they approach protestors and bang those shields in front of them. Let's hear it for riot police!

They got between the two groups and tried to literally drum out all the attacks going back and forth. By drumming it makes it harder for the yelling to continue.

They also wern't just drumming, but also singing.

First of all, there weren't attacks going back and forth.

Secondly, even if there were attacks going back and forth, the black group was clearly more aggressive. Why approach the kids and not the blacks? Is it standard procedure to grab the lesser aggressive person when trying to break up a fight?

I call bullshit on so many different levels in this story that it's becoming tiresome.

Yes, there were attacks going back and forth. You had the black isrealites and you had this group saying, "its not rape if she likes it." So I call that going back and forth.

Well, if you know the Black Isrealites, you just ignore them. They won't be calmed down, they want the attention. I bet they were hoping the kids would be the ones to relax. It would be standard procedure for me to try and get the person that you assume does not want the fight.

Got it. An hour and 9 minutes of the most hateful, racist, bigoted stuff from the black Israelites = one comment one kid.

I realize I must be a master of human psychology and behavior because I would recommended he walk up to the group of kids and said, "Hey, I hear what those toolbags over there are saying to you, but trust me, it's just better if you ignore them. I've got your back."

Or, he could walk smack into the middle of a group of teenagers, say absolutely nothing, start staring one down, bang a drum in his face, and stand silent while another in his group tells the kids to go back to Europe.

Yeah. I see your point. Either way.

I've enjoyed the discourse, but I'm tapping out on this thread. The horse is dead many times over.

Exactly, Philips was there to cause trouble and nothing more
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Two guys doing a couple tomahawks....

Big fucking deal. They’re kids.

Anything else racist?

Post the video.

All the chanting they were doing and clearly mocking the NAs.

I don’t need to post video. It’s been posted already.

Two wrongs make a right I guess.

Oh and boys will be boys.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
I am going to assume that they didn't end up in the middle of a left wing political rally wearing MAGA hats (which is only to say, dressed as the villain) by accident.

In other words you base your opinions on absolutely nothing.

Thanks.

so you are saying they ended up in the situation by accident or was the obvious assumption by me correct?

They had attended a pro life rally and were waiting for their bus to pick them up and were approached by black Hebrew Israelites who hurled insults at them, and then and Indian guy APPROACHED THEM and beat a drum inches from a boy’s face.

Yes. And then they decided to get all racist. They don’t get a fucking pass on that duffy.

No, people shouldn’t be trying to ruin their lives.

Maybe they were goaded by some racist black guys.

Yes maybe the NA dude is a liar. None of this changes their behaviour.

"...and then they decided to get all racist."

Serious question: Is stupidity a badge of honor...er...honour...in Canadia? There is zero evidence the kid being drummed at did anything racist and the best you might be able to argue is a chop which was done by a handful of kids for a very short time.

When did I comment on the guy standing there with the stupid look on his face?

The a few tomahawk chops and plenty of mocking, chanting and dancing.

Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Indians were chanting and dancing too.

Lots of racism going on out there.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This just in. the kids have bean invited to the White House, when the shut down is over of course...lol
Last edited by: 50+: Jan 22, 19 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Two guys doing a couple tomahawks....

Big fucking deal. They’re kids.

Anything else racist?

Post the video.

All the chanting they were doing and clearly mocking the NAs.

I don’t need to post video. It’s been posted already.

Two wrongs make a right I guess.

Oh and boys will be boys.

We usually look to what society deems acceptable as a litmus test. You and any others are claiming that their chants and chops are racist and mocking. But someone posted a video of a sporting event as recent as 2 years ago where an entire crowd is dressed the same in red and doing the chop and chanting.

So why the hell should we expect these boys to think twice about doing it when its allowed or even commonplace at sporting events? They've already been shown its acceptable behavior.

Also, anything these boys did or said would be so mild compared to what was done to them, yet I feel like they're being cast in the same shadow as the BIs and the NA.

Seriously, this is like a little kid saying "you're a meanie" to someone who's bullying him and sticking his tongue out but then getting reprimanded.
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
This just in. the kids have bean invited to the White House, when the shut down is over of course...lol
That will be a lot of singles and salads.
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, he stood there racistly smiling in racist silence. That’s the worst offense out all of them that day.

He committed facecrime.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I have not watched the video, ...."

Say no more.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The BarryP/Duffy team don't see it that way. "

JSA literally just responded to the kid's death threats with "poor baby."

When JSA needs to defend an indefensible position, he literally turns into Donald Trump.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"All the chanting they were doing and clearly mocking the NAs. "

So they knew the Native Americans were coming and said, "Hey, lets do some of those racist school chants that we all practiced ahead of time that target Native Americans?"

Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Yes, that famous white face. Sorry, black face is offensive and white face is not a thing. This is not exactly hard here. It is not them dress alike, it them in BLACK FACE.

Seriously, just don't do black face. You may think in this context it is ok, but I doubt that black player knew the context. They just saw a bunch of white kids in black face yelling at them. That is bad.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree. I have a specific question. If this was such an issue and this black player was so emotionally distraught from this event, then why hasn't there been an issue made? Don't you think something would have been said? High school coaches are FIRED left and right because students and parents think they are being unfair or the practices are too tough. But this is claiming a black player was so emotionally damaged and scared by a student body dressed in black, yet there was no mention of this until the DC video. Doesn't that seem odd, or at least make you scratch your head. I can get emotional about some positions, but I'm still willing to say wait a minute, maybe there is another possibility.

Which is more likely:

1) He was distraught over this and an entire school let students do something so egregious and racist that it would compromise their very existence. And the surrounding communities all collude to protect them, even though the video is on youtube for the world to see.

or

2) He doesn't give a rats ass, it wasn't given a second thought, and its a non-issue because no-one felt there was anything close to racism in this context.

The modern media LEAPS to conclusions regardless of context and facts every day, yet this video has been online for years and its not made the rounds.

By your account, an entire school committed a hate crime (mocking and intimidation of a race) and made it public, but it went silent.

This is down in Kentucky and in a largely conservative area. I'm willing to bet the adults and a lot of others down there didn't feel this was an issue because they don't necessarily get offended by everything. This is a complete assumption by the way. Just trying to answer your question as to why adults may not have stepped in.

The same way many people are saying the tomahawk chop is racist and shouldn't be allowed, but its still done at sporting events. So obviously a lot of people feel its not racist.
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"All the chanting they were doing and clearly mocking the NAs. "

So they knew the Native Americans were coming and said, "Hey, lets do some of those racist school chants that we all practiced ahead of time that target Native Americans?"

Did I say that?

Has this room gone all retarded or something? Am I in idiotland?

Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Yes, that famous white face. Sorry, black face is offensive and white face is not a thing. This is not exactly hard here. It is not them dress alike, it them in BLACK FACE.

Seriously, just don't do black face. You may think in this context it is ok, but I doubt that black player knew the context. They just saw a bunch of white kids in black face yelling at them. That is bad.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree. I have a specific question. If this was such an issue and this black player was so emotionally distraught from this event, then why hasn't there been an issue made? Don't you think something would have been said? High school coaches are FIRED left and right because students and parents think they are being unfair or the practices are too tough. But this is claiming a black player was so emotionally damaged and scared by a student body dressed in black, yet there was no mention of this until the DC video. Doesn't that seem odd, or at least make you scratch your head. I can get emotional about some positions, but I'm still willing to say wait a minute, maybe there is another possibility.

Which is more likely:

1) He was distraught over this and an entire school let students do something so egregious and racist that it would compromise their very existence. And the surrounding communities all collude to protect them, even though the video is on youtube for the world to see.

or

2) He doesn't give a rats ass, it wasn't given a second thought, and its a non-issue because no-one felt there was anything close to racism in this context.

The modern media LEAPS to conclusions regardless of context and facts every day, yet this video has been online for years and its not made the rounds.

By your account, an entire school committed a hate crime (mocking and intimidation of a race) and made it public, but it went silent.

This is down in Kentucky and in a largely conservative area. I'm willing to bet the adults and a lot of others down there didn't feel this was an issue because they don't necessarily get offended by everything. This is a complete assumption by the way. Just trying to answer your question as to why adults may not have stepped in.

The same way many people are saying the tomahawk chop is racist and shouldn't be allowed, but its still done at sporting events. So obviously a lot of people feel its not racist.

A more likely thing is that the black kid understand that making a big deal about this is unlikely to result in anything happening. You think a black kid going up against a bunch of rich white kids is a fight they are going to pick. Black people put up with this stuff all the time and most of the time it is easier to just live with it and move on, because fighting it is more likely to hurt you. You say that the coach would be afraid of the results, do you think a black kid is going to NOT be afraid? Really who there has more power here, yet you put it all on the teenager.

I am willing to bet there were adults there other than the coach. I mean, someone could have said something.

People get away with this stuff all the time, it is not shocking that it was not a big deal then. No surprising at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Racial Prejudice and the MAGA hat kid [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Which is more likely:

or

A more likely thing is that the black kid understand that making a big deal about this is unlikely to result in anything happening. You think a black kid going up against a bunch of rich white kids is a fight they are going to pick. Black people put up with this stuff all the time and most of the time it is easier to just live with it and move on, because fighting it is more likely to hurt you. You say that the coach would be afraid of the results, do you think a black kid is going to NOT be afraid? Really who there has more power here, yet you put it all on the teenager.

I am willing to bet there were adults there other than the coach. I mean, someone could have said something.

People get away with this stuff all the time, it is not shocking that it was not a big deal then. No surprising at all.

You're making a lot of assumptions and its coming off like an emotionally charged position, so after this response I'm going to bow out as we probably won't stop this circle.

You're leaning on assumptions that everyone in that school is a rich, entitled white kid who runs the community and stomps on minorities. Quick googling shows Covington's cost of living is 12% below the national average. Median household cost is $93,000. Tuition at the school is ~$9,000 whereas the national average for private HS tuition is $13,524. And median income is between $30-40k. Where does this fit in your entitled "bunch of rich white kids" narrative?

I find it hard to believe that YOU actually believe in the age of media, and ALLLLLL of the ridiculous things that go viral, especially hate crimes, racism, sexual assault etc, that this kid felt he had nowhere to turn, and nothing to do against an entire school of racists whites (arguably the easiest demographic to condemn nowadays, especially without evidence).

Most people would agree he has the entire upper hand in this situation. The evidence is on film, on their own site, and the media would have a field day. These are the types of videos and interviews media pays people to come forward with.

And yes, I actually do think a black player can get through a basketball game without feeling personally threatened just because fans are rowdy. He sure doesn't seem phased in that picture, and there are hundreds more like that on the internet where a fanbase tries to intimidate a player. Its just poise.

I agree people get away with things all the time. But those usually happen when theres no evidence of the claims. Theres literally an entire video montage taking through CCK's fan themes. This is EXACTLY when a black person, or any person for that matter, goes up against anyone else with damning evidence, regardless of their resources or color of their skin.

You're entire argument is assumptive and full of unproven stereotypes. I feel like you think CCK is like the movie the Skulls.
Quote Reply

Prev Next