Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a reformed/retired runner but when I found Adidas Adizero Boost I quit looking. Easily got 900/1000 miles on each pair. This was daily wear, 30+mile weeks and only at the very end of each pairs' life did I start to notice the life was gone. Conti tread lasted as long too. They're by far the best shoes I ran in over 20+ years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a Clydesdale, I tend to get 250 max on a paid of shoes before they are relegated to yard work.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [tacoznbeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have no idea, i have 4 pairs that I rotate - but probably 300-500 miles on each pair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
600-700 on Hokas, at around 145 lbs.
Quote Reply
How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all... This has actually been hugely affirming for me. I should have mentioned that I too am on the heavier side at 185 lbs. and that I am running on Asics GT 2000 shoes. It looks like a lot of the folks on the typical mainstream brands are dealing with similar mileage. But, folks on some of the specialty, niche shoes are getting a whole lot more miles.

Started a brand new pair today, and they feel like buttah.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no idea, never tracked it..

typically have 4-5 pairs in rotation for training, and buy a new pair of shoes each year, toss out the oldest pair. Will also replace when they physically wear out or break down, or when they start to hurt me, but that hasn't happened for years - the Hokas last the 4-5 years it takes for them to be replaced by the passage of time alone.

That was running 20-30mpw, on current mileage I expect my shoes to fossilize before wearing out.. sad face.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What am I doing wrong.

190 lbs with not the best stride. After 200 miles they are shot, black tread is worn bad, and things start to hurt.

Historically Brooks Revenna and currently moved to Saucony Guides.

I tend to spend less than $75 and buy last year's leftovers. I run maybe 20 miles a week so getting only 2.5 months at most.

How do you know if your shoes are really shot or is it in my head
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may be dragging your feet as you run when your feet make contact with the ground, rubbing your shoes across the ground and in the process really wearing them down. I see/hear a lot of runners do this and it just sounds painful and inefficient. Next time you run, pay attention to the sound your shoes make as they hit the ground.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
170lbs here and run in Hoka's

I set my Garmin mileage to 200 miles and watch them between 200-300 miles. I typically change them at 300 miles as they look pretty wore out and I already have a hard enough time with running injuries.

I do 98% on road running so that may wear them faster.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not closely tracked shoe mileage, but I'd bet I'm getting close to +/-1000 km on each pair as a 2-3 pair rotation lasts me at least 6 months running at least 6 days/week. Like many folks have posted, new pairs used for longer runs, older pairs for shorter and slower runs. I find that I usually start experiencing ball of foot pain as the cushioning gives out and by that time I usually have little tread left in the forefoot.

New shoes always feel amazing when I break them out of the closet, so I'm probably wearing my shoes for too long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually mine last about 1000 miles, but this pair of Cumulus lasted just over 2000 miles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm around 300 miles per pair.
Stinks because sometimes they look fine, but the shoe is used up internally and can start some real foot issues.

Some brands and models I get a little more time out of, but found no correlation between the price tag and the shoe lasting longer. I stick with the mid-line price tag shoes and load up when they have sales.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I'm similar. 175 pounds. I track mileage with strava. I have about 10 pairs of shoes I'm using at any one time for various workouts/surfaces. Depending on the type of shoe (trainers or racers or somewhere in between) and brand, I'll get anywhere from 250-500 miles on a pair. I retired my Saucony Mirages at 450 miles when my knees and calves started getting sore every time I'd use them. They still looked great. My original brooks pure cadence lasted over 500. New balances typically don't last more than 300. My asics super J33's were shot after 200. Adidas boost seems to last forever as well and the continental outsole is very durable. Too bad I don't like Adidas shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not far off. 190 pounds too, Brooks Launch 5 (on my 5th pair now), after 250 miles they're only used for some 30 minute jogs, after 300 miles they're done.
Thread worn out, shins start to hurt. I'm a perfect center forefoot strike.

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going on 2000km on my supernova glide boosts
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
I am a reformed/retired runner but when I found Adidas Adizero Boost I quit looking. Easily got 900/1000 miles on each pair. This was daily wear, 30+mile weeks and only at the very end of each pairs' life did I start to notice the life was gone. Conti tread lasted as long too. They're by far the best shoes I ran in over 20+ years.

Exactly the same experience with my Adidas supernova glide 7/8. I only retired the first pair as the heel fabric wore through
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Miles on Your Running Shoes [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:
Going on 2000km on my supernova glide boosts

I was wondering if I was the only one that put long distances into shoes.

My last pair of Kinvaras had over 1000mi on them before I thought to myself that I should probably replace them even though I didn't feel like there was anything wrong with them. My current pair of Kinvaras has 600 miles on them and I, again, can't seem to find any reason why I would replace them just yet
Quote Reply

Prev Next