Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The troops, especially command, are happy that they are not visiting.

Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
Tell the group why it is ok for Trump to pull the Govt aircraft out from under Pelosi's feet while Melania is in the air on the way to the Mar a Lago holiday resort on a US Air Force plane.
Genuinely interested to hear that one explained.

Because it's not about the actual use of the planes, or security for the State of the Union address.

Pelosi decided to throw poop at Trump, and somehow some people are surprised that he threw some poop back.

I don't understand how some people can honestly call Trump childish and not call out Pelosi's childishness.

Not to mention, she handed Trump a great opportunity. Instead of giving the SOTU in front of Congress, where half of them will be sitting there scowling (and guess who CNN will focus on). Trump can give it wherever he wants, in front of a more supportive crowd. Trump is an entertainer, and she just let him set the stage for his own show.

An honest answer.

So I t’s nothing more than using the power of the American state to settle personal scores. Petty vindictiveness, backed by the authority of the CinC.

While his wife flies around at the taxpayer’s expense.

Tell me, do you like having a President who is on a par with your typical corrupt Central African dictator?

Claiming “but he’s an entertainer” is pisspoor justification.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Instead of giving the SOTU in front of Congress, where half of them will be sitting there scowling (and guess who CNN will focus on). Trump can give it wherever he wants, in front of a more supportive crowd.

He can't change the venue. Only the method. And the timing. It can be a letter or an in person address. It can be any time of the year. It doesn't even have to be annual.

Article 2, Section 3 lists the Presidential Responsibilities:
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

From time to time, he's got a give Congress the state of the Union. That's it, the only requirement is it is given to congress. He can change the venue, but all of congress would have to be there.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
An honest answer.
So I t’s nothing more than using the power of the American state to settle personal scores. (That's was Pelosi did, he just answered in kind) Petty vindictiveness, backed by the authority of the CinC.

While his wife flies around at the taxpayer’s expense. FLOTUS alwasys gets to fly around on the taxpayer's expense.

Tell me, do you like having a President who is on a par with your typical corrupt Central African dictator?

You seem to be conflating 2 things here. "He's an entertainer" was not justification for cancelling Pelosi's plane. It was in reference to her request to postpone the SOTU.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
From time to time, he's got a give Congress the state of the Union. That's it, the only requirement is it is given to congress. He can change the venue, but all of congress would have to be there.

Interesting. I think he could still have a big press conference on his terms and then just send a short letter to Congress.

The SOTU as done usually is probably the worse format for Trump. The media would concentrate on the negative reactions, the Dems would get there official response to the SOTU, etc. But if he just have a press conference, would CNN really cut to a Dem response to it?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
An honest answer.
So I t’s nothing more than using the power of the American state to settle personal scores. (That's was Pelosi did, he just answered in kind) Petty vindictiveness, backed by the authority of the CinC.

While his wife flies around at the taxpayer’s expense. FLOTUS alwasys gets to fly around on the taxpayer's expense.

You seem to be conflating 2 things here. "He's an entertainer" was not justification for cancelling Pelosi's plane. It was in reference to her request to postpone the SOTU.

“He’s an entertainer” is just as applicable to Pelosi inviting him on stage for a shit throwing contest as it is a reference to his SOTU venue. Do you not see that by pulling her flight he thinks he is entertaining his dwindling base?

And maybe FLOTUS does always get to fly at taxpayers’ expense when she flies. That isn’t the issue. The issue is whether she should have been allowed to fly in the first place. Trump decided that the Govt’s money ought not to be spent on Pelosi flying. He sure as hell didn’t decide that in the spur of the moment. It was orchestrated to ensure that the bus left and then had to return. He lines his family’s pockets with your money and you defend him when he does. Now that’s bizarre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
“He’s an entertainer” is just as applicable to Pelosi inviting him on stage for a shit throwing contest as it is a reference to his SOTU venue. Do you not see that by pulling her flight he thinks he is entertaining his dwindling base? About the same as Pelosi is pandering to her's
And maybe FLOTUS does always get to fly at taxpayers’ expense when she flies. That isn’t the issue. The issue is whether she should have been allowed to fly in the first place. Trump decided that the Govt’s money ought not to be spent on Pelosi flying. He sure as hell didn’t decide that in the spur of the moment. It was orchestrated to ensure that the bus left and then had to return. He lines his family’s pockets with your money and you defend him when he does. Now that’s bizarre.

No, that's not the issue. The issue isn't whether having the SOTU would be unfair to gov workers not getting paid, or the cost of Pelosi's junket. She pissed in his Cherrios and he responded in kind.

I'm not defending Trump or Pelosi's actions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
efernand wrote:
Quote:
An honest answer.

“He’s an entertainer” is just as applicable to Pelosi inviting him on stage for a shit throwing contest as it is a reference to his SOTU venue. Do you not see that by pulling her flight he thinks he is entertaining his dwindling base?

This is EXACTLY the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the responses in this thread. Both sides are blind to the stupidity of the people in their party. Trump and Pelosi deserve each other.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Look at the responses in this thread. Both sides are blind to the stupidity of the people in their party. Trump and Pelosi deserve each other.

You just hit the nail right on the head, bro. I hope this current round of stupidity destroys both of them as well as their political parties. I mean, look at the folks lining up to run for president in 2020. A nutless monkey would be a better candidate. And those two wrinkled-up old whorebags engineering the shutdown can't even do that properly. Somebody remind me again why we all put them in charge? Were we smoking meth that day, or what?

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi will leave the country on her broom [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next