Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why can't I see photos in full screen on my monitor?
Quote | Reply
I have recently bought a 21" monitor, my old one was 18" (I think). When viewed in "full screen" mode, all of the photos were filling the whole screen. Now with the new monitor, my photos do not fill the entire monitor, there is wide white bar on both sides. However, some photos on a photo sharing website I frequent do fill the entire screen.
What is the deal with that? How can I set my computer or camera (Nikon Coolpix L830) so that all the photos fill the entire screen?
Many thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't I see photos in full screen on my monitor? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably different aspect ratio of photos.
What software you are using to view?
There should be a setting of stretch to fit screen.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't I see photos in full screen on my monitor? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The photos probably aren't big enough to fill the whole screen. For instance, if your monitor is 2000x1200 pixels but the photo is only 1800x900 it's not going to fill the screen in "full screen" mode.

You could use the stretch feature but that will likely distort the photos.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't I see photos in full screen on my monitor? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
The photos probably aren't big enough to fill the whole screen. For instance, if your monitor is 2000x1200 pixels but the photo is only 1800x900 it's not going to fill the screen in "full screen" mode.

You could use the stretch feature but that will likely distort the photos.

Reading between BLeP's pixels, he means rotate your screen and/or tilt you head to compensate.
Quote Reply