Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kirsten Gillibrand Running for Preezy of the United Steezy
Quote | Reply
New York's junior Senator, Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand has announced she intends to run for the office of President of the United States. She joins a cast of luminaries in doing so, including fellow Dems Elizabeth "Princess Spreading Bull" Warren of Massachusetts, Hawaii's Tulsi Gabbard (who?) and former Obama administration official, as well as former mayor of San Antonio ("Saint Anthony"... I kind of like that), Julian Castro. (There are some other Dems and the like running, but they're so obscure I can't find anything about them to make fun of.)

Gillibrand told the Washington Post the reasons for why she's tossing her hat in the ring:

“I’m going to run for president of the United States because, as a young mom, I’m going to fight for other people’s kids as hard as I would fight for my own.” (Emphasis, mine).

Ahem: Gillibrand is 52 years old.

Also, leaving aside Gillibrand's wishful thinking about her age, anyone -- but anyone -- who says she'd fight for other people's kids as hard as for her own is either a provable liar or an equally provable bad parent.

For now, let's just say Gillibrand is a liar (not Trump-level liar, but I'm sure she's capable of achieving that lofty station). This is because she promised last year, when running for reelection, that if sent back to the Senate by the people of New York, she'd serve her full six-year term and not challenge You-Know-Who in 2020. Two days after winning said reelection, she said she was considering a run for the White House.

U.S. Senators. Every one of them looks in the mirror and sees a United States president staring back at them. SMDH.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Kirsten Gillibrand Running for Preezy of the United Steezy [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to read more of your "independent" analysis.
Quote Reply