Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
chaparral wrote:
The party of personal responsibility indeed.

You think a party figureheaded by Donald "Everything is everybody else's fault" Trump is still the party of personal responsibility?

I don't think so, but they will claim that with a straight face. Just like they claim fiscal responsibility. Or that they care about democracy and not simply winning.

*mostly I just wanted to comment that the bald man in the gif from Face Off is the director of The Notebook, Face Off really is something.
Face Off is an underappreciated movie. It went about 15 minutes too long, or at least a silly boat chase scene too long, but the rest of it was awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gave off was awesome when I was younger.

I rewatched it and I couldn’t get past thinking that Trevolta 1) is gay 2) his like 10 inches taller than cage. It made me laugh thinking his wife and brother didn’t realize the bodies were different.
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
You don't need to watch Fox to know what they are saying.

Just wait 5 minutes after the show airs and read any post from BK, Duffy, Jim @ LOTO, MO and a few others. They do a great job of summarizing the talking points.

I shoot from the hip.

And I hate fast food.

Also, I heard fast food is racist.

https://www.newsweek.com/...ng-mcdonalds-1294536

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

I rewatched it and I couldn’t get past thinking that Trevolta 1) is gay 2) his like 10 inches taller than cage. It made me laugh thinking his wife and brother didn’t realize the bodies were different.
Little bit of poetic license? I'll have to dig it up and watch it again, I'm sure it's been 10+ years. Whether or not he's gay, well I don't know/don't care .. it was one of the first movies I'd seen where he wasn't a cheesy singing/dancing lead and I thought he showed adequate chops. And Nicolas Cage was of course brilliant playing himself, as usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Him being gay was just my initial thought. I dont care. I just hadnt seen him in anything.

But watch face-off again, its great watching it thinking that the families cant tell the differences in bodies just because the face is different. As a note, I looked up the height difference, there is only a 2 inch height difference (I thought cage was shorter and Travolta was taller). I still love it in the same way I love it Con-Air.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Little bit of poetic license? I'll have to dig it up and watch it again, I'm sure it's been 10+ years. Whether or not he's gay, well I don't know/don't care .. it was one of the first movies I'd seen where he wasn't a cheesy singing/dancing lead and I thought he showed adequate chops. And Nicolas Cage was of course brilliant playing himself, as usual.

Hahahaha.
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Him being gay was just my initial thought. I dont care. I just hadnt seen him in anything.

But watch face-off again, its great watching it thinking that the families cant tell the differences in bodies just because the face is different. As a note, I looked up the height difference, there is only a 2 inch height difference (I thought cage was shorter and Travolta was taller). I still love it in the same way I love it Con-Air.
Speaking of starring Nicolas Cage as .. Nicolas Cage.
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, and like a dagger through the hearts of the Lavender Room Syndromers, there's even more:
Everyone is hating on Donald Trump serving us Fast food at the White House but we enjoyed it. We don’t get to eat fast food that often and to have a buffet of it in the White House?!? Nobody else can say they’ve experienced that. It was a blessing, keep doing you Trump ✊🏻 https://t.co/LlDYkluPhc
— cole renfrow (@colerenfrow32) January 16, 2019

Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, you have exhausted your ration of posts on this thread. Please return to your compound.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
You don't need to watch Fox to know what they are saying.

Just wait 5 minutes after the show airs and read any post from BK, Duffy, Jim @ LOTO, MO and a few others. They do a great job of summarizing the talking points.

I shoot from the hip.

And I hate fast food.

Also, I heard fast food is racist.

https://www.newsweek.com/...ng-mcdonalds-1294536

That's the trouble with progressives and liberals and their ilk here in the LR: ANY dissent from the progressive hive mind they inhabit is of course nothing but a talking point issued by Fox and other rightwing sites.

Heaven forbid anyone have a fucking opinion that deviates even the slightest from the immanentization of the eschaton they all imagine us regular folk are demanding our betters deliver to us.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What irks me is when I present what I believe to be the opinion or strategy of say, Trump, that gets misrepresented by the resident resistance as an endorsement of the opinion or strategy.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
us regular folk are demanding our betters deliver to us.

Regular folk, you? That's funny.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
What irks me is when I present what I believe to be the opinion or strategy of say, Trump, that gets misrepresented by the resident resistance as an endorsement of the opinion or strategy.

Yeah, because you can't be allowed to stray off the fucking liberal/progressive reservation, man. Therefore, you've got to cling tightly to your Little Red Book and quote from it vigorously at every turn, denouncing all the "right" people, or you'll immediately be accused of being a class enemy or something.

Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

A lot more regular than most here, including you, I'd say. I can put my blue collar bona fides up against anyone here and walk away the winner 9 times out of 10.

Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I'm sorry, you have exhausted your ration of posts on this thread. Please return to your compound.

What kind of compound is it, do you suppose? Me, I've been working on coaxing the alligators into the moat I built this year but so far, they're proving resistant to the idea.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Throw in the disclaimer up front and ease up on the nuanced pinkishness. But then that might be out of character for you. If that is the case, carry on and bear your irk well. I enjoy most of your food fights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

What kind of compound is it, do you suppose? Me, I've been working on coaxing the alligators into the moat I built this year but so far, they're proving resistant to the idea.

If you are still in Michigan you are going to need to heat it. Best way to coax them in is with a couple yip dogs.

As for Jim, I picture him sitting in an 8 x 10 log cabin deep in the hills twirling his handlebar mustache while furiously pedaling his generator so he can get enough power to send his one post per thread.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

You probably have lead in your water. Alligators and kids don't like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Or maybe, just maybe, your history of posts dictates how people react to your current posts. Please stop with the woe is me card - you know exactly what you're doing and you're getting exactly the reaction that you deserve, or crave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Reading without bias is hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Or maybe, just maybe, your history of posts dictates how people react to your current posts. Please stop with the woe is me card - you know exactly what you're doing and you're getting exactly the reaction that you deserve, or crave.

Your interpretation of my post (as me playing victim) is incorrect.

I have a “history” of questioning much of the narrative about Trump.

It by no means has been an endorsement of him. Like I have said probably a couple dozen times or more, I don’t like Trump, I didn’t vote for him, won’t vote for him if he runs again.

Some of his policies I agree with and some I don’t.

I do understand why he got elected and I understand that many/most of his voters are not at all what is portrayed in the popular media.

This understanding of his supporters is time and again misunderstood as support for them and Trump by people on this forum who apparently lack the mental capacity to pick up on the nuances.

When I support a Trump position (like pulling out of the Paris Accord) I state clearly and unequivocally state that I support it. When I oppose a Trump policy (like the wall) I clearly and unequivocally say so.

It really isn’t that hard to grasp.

Unfortunately, many here are driven mad with hatred and anyone who does not vociferously scream opposition to Ttump on a daily basis is branded as a “ball washer”.

It’s just kind of boring, really.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

If you are still in Michigan you are going to need to heat it. Best way to coax them in is with a couple yip dogs.

As for Jim, I picture him sitting in an 8 x 10 log cabin deep in the hills twirling his handlebar mustache while furiously pedaling his generator so he can get enough power to send his one post per thread.

You just had to try to slip that one in didn't you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I do understand why he got elected and I understand that many/most of his voters are not at all what is portrayed in the popular media.

This understanding of his supporters is time and again misunderstood as support for them and Trump by people on this forum who apparently lack the mental capacity to pick up on the nuances.

I freely admit to lacking the mental capacity to pick up always on the nuance of your understanding of his supporters and why he got elected and how his voters are not understood accurately nor portrayed accurately in the popular media.

His voter support is an enigma to many. Therein lies the crux of our national political impasse. I spent October riding my bike around the PA13th district in support of the democratic candidate for that seat in congress and I am as clueless to the why of their think now as I was when I started that tour.

I am glad that you are clued in and I apologize if I ever lumped you in that group. I do plead woefully ignorant in Duffy cryptology. I will continue to read your posts in the hope that I can be likewise enlightened.
Quote Reply
Re: Wondering how Fox and friends covered it? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
j p o wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

You just had to try to slip that one in didn't you?

Well, last winter was hard and he had to eat the hamsters that powered the old one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

A lot more regular than most here, including you, I'd say. I can put my blue collar bona fides up against anyone here and walk away the winner 9 times out of 10.

Really, is this how they talk on the assembly line...?

big kahuna wrote:
Heaven forbid anyone have a fucking opinion that deviates even the slightest from the immanentization of the eschaton they all imagine us regular folk are demanding our betters deliver to us.

I spent many years working in the food service and janitorial arts before I finally graduated; don't recall anyone pontificating in those kinda terms, though. If anything, my peers then would have likely considered me the pompous-sounding over-educated twit in that cohort, but I think you have me beat here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next