Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ZWIFT training plans: TT Tune up or Active offseason after my crash
Quote | Reply
Hey guys. Last week some drunk dude ran me over while I was outdoors. As a result, I got a broken wrist and a broken hand, sadly my training bike got destroyed.

This means I have a few weeks of indoor training ahead of me. I was training for my 3rd Half Ironman, but whatever. I'M ALIVE!

Since the only thing I can do is cycling, and not even outdoors, I decided to enroll in one of the flexible training plans on Zwift, but I can't decide on which should I use.

My goal would be not to lose my current FTP and if anything, improve it, although I can only ride my tri bike in the aero position because of the wrist. I used to train between 12-16 hours prior to the accident so I don't mind the volume.

Which is why I'm considering Active Offseason (12 weeks, 8 hours/week). I like its periodization and the fact that includes longer rides. However, TT Tune (8 weeks 4 hours/week) seems more inline with holding sustained efforts for prolonged time, which sounds familiar.

Which of the two should I pick in your opinion?
Last edited by: teixido: Jan 14, 19 10:21
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT training plans: TT Tune up or Active offseason after my crash [teixido] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no experience with the Active Offseason plan, but I just finished the TT Tune-Up last week and I really enjoyed it.
Quote Reply