Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do Shimano S-Phyre shoes fit true to size?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am interested in getting new road shoes and I've noticed that the Shimano S-Phyre shoes claim that a EU 45 is equivalent to US 10.5 and Specialized claim that EU 44 is 10.6.

Anybody have experience here? I am a 44 in Specialized and the S-Phyre I'm looking at are on eBay and have a no return policy so I have to be right on.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Do Shimano S-Phyre shoes fit true to size? [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m a US12 and mine fit well. They seem to form to your foot after a few rides.

I will double check the European sizing when I get home.
Quote Reply
Re: Do Shimano S-Phyre shoes fit true to size? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What EU size do you have?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they do fit true to size, but bike shoes last 5 years, so go to a shop and try them on. or go to a good shop and you might even find you like a different pair better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Shimano and Giro shoes are 46’s
My Louis Garnaeu are 47’s

I would say they are pretty true to size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a 46.5 in specialized. The 46.5 xc7 shoes I ordered are too short for my outer toes (big toe length is ok).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found them true to size having worn Sidi, Gaerne & DMT all 45.5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fit 44 for both Specialized and Shimano.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have multiple shimano road shoes and wear a 47 in all of them. The S-Phyre feel more shallow/lower in the arch and toe area, if that makes sense. I wear a 12 in normal shoes and a 47 shimano if that helps. The shimano mtb shoes seem to have a higher/roomier arch and toe area.
Quote Reply
Re: Do Shimano S-Phyre shoes fit true to size? [stevendex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found them tight and not to fit as well as Specialized shoes I wore in the past. I ended up passing on them. If its no return I wouldn't do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ended up getting them? If so, which size and how do they compare to your 44 Specs. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine might be just slightly long. I'm a wide-footed chick and I probably could have gone with a 39.5 if I only wore thin socks all the time. I don't think they do half sizes <40, though. But the 40s are nice, because I can wear very thin socks and ratchet them down snugger, but also have room to wear a relatively heavier sock for colder rides. I will say that they are the very best fitting shoe I have ever owned. I've had LGs and Lakes (all size 40), in the past. The LGs are still too narrow and the kangaroo leather Lakes (mtn shoes, but I assume the road shoes fit the same) I have end up getting sorta stiff once the leather in the tongue area absorbs years of sweat.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In comparing S-Phyre and Specialized mountain bike shoes, I went up a half size in the S-Phyre. I wear a 43 in the Specialized and a 43.5 in the Shimano. The widths seem pretty similar but what I noticed was the toe box is not as deep on the S-Phyre compared to the Specialized. Again, I'm comparing mountain bike shoes, so road or tri might be different.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been 45.5 in Sidi, Gaerne, DMT, Vittoria and Shimano S-Phyre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carboner wrote:
Hi all,

I am interested in getting new road shoes and I've noticed that the Shimano S-Phyre shoes claim that a EU 45 is equivalent to US 10.5 and Specialized claim that EU 44 is 10.6.

Anybody have experience here? I am a 44 in Specialized and the S-Phyre I'm looking at are on eBay and have a no return policy so I have to be right on.

Thanks in advance.

I've used Shimano road shoes for the last 12 years. My 300-315 shoes were 41.5, then with the R-321 I had to go down to 41's and now with the latest pair of S-phyre shoes that I've gotten I want to go down a half size again. The new shoe seems to be wider and I have a narrow foot, so If you want a pair of 41's let me know. *semi pink*
Quote Reply