Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL Divisional Game commentary
Quote | Reply
Well, didn't see a thread on the games, Maybe everyone watching the Colts / KC game fell asleep or changed channels.

KC's defense is stepping up their game. Pitching a shutout through 3/4's

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This game is so boring I took the time to respond to you in another thread ; )

I sure hope the Cowboys / Rams game is more eventful. KC is a strong contender for the Super Bowl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still watching! VERY EXCITED - but won't celebrate until the clock hits 00:00.

GO CHIEFS!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On to game 2...

I think Rams in another not so close game.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well pretty close, at least closer than it should have been. So my first two games on the road to a Rams/Chargers Super Bowl are in the bag now. Now lets see whose streak gets broken tomorrow, Chargers undefeated on the road, and Brady and crew underrated at home..
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Missed this discussion as I was out all day. Not surprised by today's results, there's a lot of disparity right now between a handful of awesome teams and the a bunch of mediocrity. Tomorrow is more intriguing because you have 3 real good teams on the docket. Can't sleep on Philly but I don't think they're going through NO. I think the Pats find a way. They take advantage of their home field as well as anyone especially as the season gets colder. Weather will be good but sub-freezing and unless something wacky like a fluke turnover margin I like them to advance.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Can't sleep on Philly but I don't think they're going through NO."

Interestingly, Philly has now won 4 consecutive playoff games that no one thought they would win. But I agree, I think this will be the toughest of them all given the relative quality of each team.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Well pretty close, at least closer than it should have been. So my first two games on the road to a Rams/Chargers Super Bowl are in the bag now. Now lets see whose streak gets broken tomorrow, Chargers undefeated on the road, and Brady and crew underrated at home..

Not really sure it was close, LA punted once.

Voting with my heart not head.
Chargers
Phily.

reality... I'm wrong on both.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was at Arrowhead yesterday. Despite truly shitty weather, (tailgating in a snow storm is awesome) the place was rocking. Not sure I’ve ever experienced it louder. If that is the defense that shows up for the Chefs moving forward, good luck. No doubt the Colts played poorly and shot themselves in the foot with penalties and dropped passes, but some of that was due to the noise and the D.

Looking forward to next Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
I was at Arrowhead yesterday. Despite truly shitty weather, (tailgating in a snow storm is awesome) the place was rocking. Not sure I’ve ever experienced it louder. If that is the defense that shows up for the Chefs moving forward, good luck. No doubt the Colts played poorly and shot themselves in the foot with penalties and dropped passes, but some of that was due to the noise and the D.

Didn't figure the Chiefs (or the Chefs) were capable of playing defense like they did yesterday. If they keep that up no one will beat them.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn Patriots.

I had at least hoped for a close game.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Damn Patriots.

Well maybe the last game of the weekend will be close... Wow.. we still half of this game to go...

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
chriskal wrote:

Didn't figure the Chiefs (or the Chefs) were capable of playing defense like they did yesterday. If they keep that up no one will beat them.

I agree. As for the Chefs . . .

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chargers are winning the 2nd half score.... Whaa whaa whaaaa

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
davec wrote:
Damn Patriots.

Well maybe the last game of the weekend will be close... Wow.. we still half of this game to go...

Great start for Philly. Maybe we will finally get a good game this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To bad I have been busy and missed the first half, seems like the best game of the weekend so far.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed all of the Eagles scores. They were in it the whole time and the number one seed. Way to salvage the season.

Pulling for the Chefs, now. I'd like to see Andy Reid finally win the big one.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a way to end the the game, Man that ball was in Jeffries hands should have had it, and then for it to deflect right to the defenseman. UG.

Well my heart lost them all, but my head went 4 - 0

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder how much a defensive coordinator gets paid? I mean really. The Bolts had a great plan to beat the 30th or so best throwing QB in the league. Keep everything in front of you 7 man zone and what bad can happen? That should work great against arguably the the best QB in the league. Give him all day to find a seam and let him pick you apart. I am not a major mind of the complexities of the NFL, but I have never seen a team sit back and beat Brady. The only way I have seen him get beat was to have a smash mouth pass rush and tight double coverage on a couple of his best targets. If you give him time he will beat you. Good game Pats.

The Eagles could have, should have, would have beat the Saints, but got out played a couple plays. The Saints played well but could have been beat. I like the Saints, but their D, has always scared me, since the day they gave out bags to put on our heads a long long time ago.

In the Sat games no real surprises. The Rams and the Chiefs both played like contenders. I thought Dax played way better than I gave him credit. I respect him a lot more after that game than I did before it. I think he is for real now. I thought the Colts are a good season away from being there right now. Both the O and the D played sort of meh. Not ugly, but not as a Super Bowl contender. Glad to see Luck back after the big injury.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I followed last weeks 4-0 with an 0-fer. Not even close. The only game I thought would be a blowout was saints.

Should be two good games next week. Because of TV KC kickoff is 6:40est. Forecast of 10 degrees at kickoff going to have an impact the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea why the Birds we’re in a panic at the end. They ran up to that line in such a hurry to get a play off before the 2:00 warning. Just stupid. No rush, drain the clock. They had an eternity. Yeah, Alshon should have caught it, but dumb play calling.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
I wonder how much a defensive coordinator gets paid? I mean really. The Bolts had a great plan to beat the 30th or so best throwing QB in the league. Keep everything in front of you 7 man zone and what bad can happen? That should work great against arguably the the best QB in the league.

The Pats actually did most of their damage with the run. Brady is probably the smartest QB in the league, but he's not the passer he used to be. Great play calling by McDaniels as usual, love the run blocking by Gronkowski today (he is a great blocking tight end). I do agree with you on the Chargers defensive game plan being terrible, even if you are a zone team, you can't try that in a road playoff game against Brady. And if you are going to play a zone scheme you should at least stop the run, not get bulldozed.

I was really surprised to see the Chargers get punched in the mouth on on both sides of the ball, as the Pats defense was also very stout. I'm a Pats fan and expected the Chargers would win in a close game. The AFC Championship should be a great game, the Pats barely beat the Chiefs in Foxboro during the regular season in a great shootout and they are looking much stronger than I imagined in the game today. Edelman looked super strong, Gronk didn't do much (aside from great blocking to help the run game). If the Pats can run like that at KC they have a real shot.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea Yoda, that was one of the best running games I have ever seen from the Pats, but I still contend often sending 5 or even 6 guys after Brady and putting tons of pressure on him is the key to a defensive game plan. Stopping the run is always important, but with 5 guys coming in the lanes should get a bit tighter as well. Will be interesting what the talking heads will have to say about it today. A lot of them had Rivers getting his first taste of victory in Foxboro.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Divisional Game commentary [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunday will be interesting. We will see which version of the Chiefs defense shows up. If it is the one that has given up 9 points in the last two games Arrowhead will be rocking again. If we get the D that sauntered out the majority of the season it’s going to be a long, frustrating night watching Brady complete 900 4 yard passes and hold the ball for about 45 minutes.

One thing they won’t do is play a ton of zone and let Brady stand in the pocket unmolested. Rushing the passer is the one thing the D has done proficiently all year. Houston and Ford look as good and as healthy as they’ve been all year. Chris Jones (15 1/2 sacks) is the best interior D lineman in the league not named Donald.

Weather appears to be a factor. Another snowstorm is predicted Friday/Saturday with highs on Sunday in the teens. Ordinarily, that might tamp down crowd enthusiasm and home field advantage, but I don’t see that happening. Late start means folks will have all afternoon to get tuned up in the parking lot.

I took the picture below about three hours prior to kickoff. Having never hosted an AFC championship game I expect Sunday to be insane.

u
Quote Reply