Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does anybody want to race tonight? Rouvy racing experiment [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alrighty, we're about half an hour away from our next race tonight. This looks brutal - 12.46 miles with 2236 feet of climbing in Germany. We have 5 people registered - let's see if we can get a good race going!

Join in or watch here (if you have a Rouvy account):
https://my.rouvy.com/onlinerace/live/8191

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody want to race tonight? Rouvy racing experiment [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I missed it...long day on the road for work. It looks like there are just two of you racing at the moment, did the others have problems?
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody want to race tonight? Rouvy racing experiment [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the slow reply! There were just two of us. So far, with the 4 races I've done now, we've had something preventing everybody starting. We've had from 3 to 7 entrants, but never more than 3 start. Last night, it was two of us, although it was really cool to be part of it this time - I was on my iPad and the AR stuff was fully functional. The other guy was much faster than me (he was at 80% FTP when I was at around 100%), but I stayed with him for a while, where I tried to hold his wheel. That was really fun, I thought. I thought doing that over the real video course was really neat.

Unfortunately, as far as the race goes, it seemed like he had a couple of drops - he would pull away, and then I would pass him, only for him to drop off the map, and then show up again a bit later. I think after the third time, he gave up, so I just finished by myself. I have similar experiences with my slow laptop, where the video stops but the stats keep going, but I don't know what that looks like to others. I don't have the same issue with the iPad - the video seems to be smooth and there aren't any pauses.

I got another race scheduled for 5:00 AM PST tomorrow (Wednesday, 1/22) so we'll see how it goes. Rouvy just issued some patches/updates today, and I feel every race has been a bit better from a technical perspective. Now, we just need to get more people to the start line!

I will get a few more races scheduled for the upcoming weeks. I think I'll just keep putting races out there, and whoever shows up, shows up. I'm really having a lot of fun doing this e-racing stuff! I think there is a lot of potential.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody want to race tonight? Rouvy racing experiment [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race early this morning (5:00 AM EST) went pretty well - we had 3 people at the start, 3 more joined in late, and 3 DNSes. It was interesting to see that develop. We had people from all over - South Korea, Australia, Portugal, United States, Taiwan, and Germany.

Overall, this has been a good learning experience that will help with some upcoming articles, and I am going to keep the racing going. My thought is to host 3-4 races per day, with the same course for all races for that day. Each day would then be a different course. Kind of a Slowtwitch Rouvy World Tour. Whoever wants to show up is welcome, and I think by having some regularity and several time slots to span the globe, more people will be able to find something that works with their schedule and join in the fun. It would be cool if results for the races on a given day could be combined. Maybe I can manually combine them and post results here or something.

I'm going to gather up a list of course ideas, and use the original post for the schedule.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply

Prev Next