Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This guy has balls
Quote | Reply
Check out how close the blades are from the side of the mountain. Serious cojones.
https://www.foxnews.com/...skier-in-french-alps

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: This guy has balls [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that yesterday - serious balls and serious skills. But, here's a little secret all of us fixed-wing pilots know: helicopter pilots are all nuts. My nephew is a Sheriff Deputy and they've now put him through flight school on their helicopter so he now conducts both air ops for the Sheriff's office and search & rescue, plucking idiots off of cliffs and such. He's now nuts too. He keeps sending me videos of him flying through canyons 20' off the river at high speeds.

I suspect the vibration of the rotor blades affects the part of the brain that creates fear and rational thought - but it isn't scientifically proven as of yet.
Last edited by: JD21: Jan 11, 19 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: This guy has balls [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not actually as mental as it looks. Choppers are very controllable and very stable in the air (in a sort of balanced instability sort of way). It's not that hard to "land" resting a skid on a rock or a log and just hold it there - You wouldn't want to sneeze at that point though...
Quote Reply