Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike "Computer" Recommendation
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for something that I have not been able to find and am hoping someone has an answer. Is there relatively inexpensive bike display out there that just pairs to my watch (Forerunner 935) and displays the data? I figured I already have a bike computer on my wrist so why spend on another one? I already have all the data I need, I just need a display on the bike. I tried moving the watch to the bike after the swim and off after the ride with the quick release, but I don't like the time and clunkiness of doing that.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Last edited by: Rossguy: Jan 4, 19 11:21
Quote Reply
Re: Bike "Computer" Recommendation [Rossguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That does not exist. There are cheap GPS bike computers out there, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a Bontrager Node 2.1
But you are almost at Garmin 130 territory.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike "Computer" Recommendation [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
Maybe a Bontrager Node 2.1

This is what I did on my TT bike, but a Node 1.1. It sits on the computer mount of a Profile HC BTA setup and is small enough that it doesn't get in the way of the rear end of the bottle. Figured my speed/cadence/HR sensors were already broadcasting the data anyway that I was using my watch for, so the Node just picks up the same signals and puts the data right in front of me if I need to see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clever Training has the Garmin 520 on sale for $200. I would just get that and roll on. I use the 520 in races alongside my watch, and that is my gold standard.

The problem is that you need two things: 1) the ability for a 935 to real-time broadcast its data fields, and 2) some other device to receive and display the 935's fields. I do not think either exists in the marketplace. You really cannot beat the 520 for its value and performance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have mentioned I'm not sure that this exists. It'd be great if it did though. Imagine a Garmin multisport bundle that include either a Fenix or a 935 with a "mirror" display for your handlebars. I think a lot of people would snap that up for an extra $75-$100. But that'd be against Garmin's interests because as it stands you're forced into at least buying a Garmin 130 at $199 but I suspect must go with the 500 level device for a lot more money.
Quote Reply