Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is the shutdown costing us money, or saving us money?
Quote | Reply
I'm sure its not a simple question to answer. But it would seem if they are shutdown, its saving us money cause we are not paying anyone. But maybe there is some money making thing we are not doing, or some big bad payments we will owe afterwards?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the shutdown costing us money, or saving us money? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Retro active pay is already approved, so nothing saved there. Now factor in revenue loss at the parks for example. Losing money

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Is the shutdown costing us money, or saving us money? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s government. They’ll find a way to waste money either way.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These fights are almost always over how much to raise the debt. So no, it will not save money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One could argue that the 600+ point drop in the market today was mostly because of the shutdown, so that is a lot of money spread out among a lot of people that have nothing to do with federal jobs. It could come back tomorrow, wanna take any bets on if that is going be the case?? And I will give all the other drops in the market lately to other reasons, but this day today is most likely on the shutdown...

And I will be going to a national park, going in and not paying the fees, so I got that going for me...
Quote Reply
Re: Is the shutdown costing us money, or saving us money? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
One could argue that the 600+ point drop in the market today was mostly because of the shutdown, so that is a lot of money spread out among a lot of people that have nothing to do with federal jobs. It could come back tomorrow, wanna take any bets on if that is going be the case?? And I will give all the other drops in the market lately to other reasons, but this day today is most likely on the shutdown...

And I will be going to a national park, going in and not paying the fees, so I got that going for me...

Are you doing the "First Hike" next Tuesday? Those are free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But it would seem if they are shutdown, its saving us money cause we are not paying anyone.

Trump really is brilliant.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the shutdown costing us money, or saving us money? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
It’s government. They’ll find a way to waste money either way.

This. Our government has found a way to lose money selling weed.

If there is money to be lost, the government will go the extra mile to make sure it is lost. Then spend more money on an audit to ensure it was actually lost. Then spend money on a multi year long enquiry looking in to why more wasn't lost, laying out solutions to ensure that more money can be lost on future endeavours.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply