Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know we aren't accustomed to politicians doing what they say they're going to do after getting elected, but Trump supporters expect more.

Imagine that
You suggest that it's reasonable to expect him to do what he says he's going to do. That would involve some expectation of honesty and integrity, and not just saying what people want to hear.

I suppose I need to recalibrate my mindset on how Trump supporters process information, to make sense of that expectation of Donald Trump. He's a con man to the core, and has been operating that way for decades.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose I need to recalibrate my mindset on how Trump supporters process information, to make sense of that expectation of Donald Trump. He's a con man to the core, and has been operating that way for decades.

The argument from Trump supporters is really odd. They can completely ignore his language, his cozying up to dictators, his unilateral decisions on foreign policy, his numerous golf outings, lack of interest in learning how governments work, his throwing staff under the bus etc., etc but then congratulate him on keeping an election promise (while completely ignoring if the country benefits from that promise).

It's a strange world.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are as many Floyd fans today as there were in the 70s and that says something. I don't get the stoner band comments. It's just plain good music and incredibly virtuosic guitar solos from Gilmour. Not the most technically talented band and that's ok. If you need to be stoned to appreciate Floyd you're an idiot. Waters lyrics got preachy near the end and Gilmour produced some fluff post-Roger. But if you stick to 1969-1977 you get some of the most inventive and unique music and the live shows blew away the albums.

The Wall.. to me.. very enjoyable but give me an early pre-release Dark Side with no female backing vocals and let Wright's keyboards take it away.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But that’s the thing. He isn’t even keeping up with his promise for this specific issue. Part of the whole and Mexico would pay for it, on top of the racism, was because of his “deal making.”

He was going to be go so good that it wasn’t going to cost you anything to get something done.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Fair enough. I'm guessing you are as big a Moody Blues fan as I am.

Without David Gilmour, Pink Floyd would be nothing.

"Fearless" is fucking great - stoned or not.

All of this is true and correct. I went and saw Waters do “The Wall” live a few years back and it was fucking awesome.

*and it’s been a long, long time since I was a stoned college freshman.
Last edited by: chriskal: Dec 23, 18 8:00
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always thought the idea of a wall was a joke. I personally thought as just a metaphor for border security. A virtual wall if you like.

My guess was that Trump would stake out his side (wall) and the dems would stake out theirs (open border) and they would meet somewhere in the middle. Which I'd be down for.

So the question I have is, Why do the dems want open borders with no security? Why let everyone in with out knowing who they are?
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
It really is crazy, trump knew to throw in the whole, "and Mexico will pay for it." Because everyone would look at the cost and see it is a terrible idea, it is just a waste of money to address the issue, but if someone else is paying for it, why not? But now we are paying for it, so did everyone forget why he threw in that Mexico would pay for it? We all agreed it was a waste of money for America, now suddenly it is not?

Also, become an Official Wall Member, because you want it on the record how dumb you are.

If this webpage is real, it looks false and misleading, by impliedly suggesting that contributions would be allocated to fund the wall. That’s not how appropriations work. Note too the $2700 highest contribution which I believe is the limit on individual POLITICAL donations. This is fundraising masquerading as wall financing, at least that’s the appearance. This seems to be of dubious legality to me.

Separately, I can’t understand how a narrative has developed that Trump is trying to keep his campaign promise. American taxpayers never were supposed to fund the wall. “Mexico will pay for it.”

Anyone attempting to distort that clear promise, repeated by Trump ad nauseum, is just a shill for Trump.

To the OP, there’s no reason to disseminate the ravings of a few extreme, outlier commentators. They bring to mind the adage does a tree make sound when it falls in the forest. It does, but only the nuts buried by the squirrels nearby are there to hear it.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
I always thought the idea of a wall was a joke. I personally thought as just a metaphor for border security. A virtual wall if you like.

My guess was that Trump would stake out his side (wall) and the dems would stake out theirs (open border) and they would meet somewhere in the middle. Which I'd be down for.

So the question I have is, Why do the dems want open borders with no security? Why let everyone in with out knowing who they are?

0/10.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is so stupid about what he said. Is if you are to take what he is saying as true, that is where we would be today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
It's a hard-on about a politician keeping a promise. The "promise" is irrelevant.

I know we aren't accustomed to politicians doing what they say they're going to do after getting elected, but Trump supporters expect more.

Imagine that.

I think trump supporters having high expectations of such a transparently untrustworthy conman shows a bigly lack of intelligence and detachment from reality.

How many more times does trump have to pull the football away from you guys?

To quote a great former president:
"Fool me once, shame on... You. Fool me, uh... You cant get fooled again!"

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Dec 23, 18 9:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:

Last January there was a deal between Trump and Schumer: $20B for the wall and making DACA permanent. Just like this time, Trump changed his mind. That's how Trump has operated many times, everyone thinks there's a deal, and then he wants something better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:

Making a late try for dumbest post of the year? Well done.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

It's a hard-on about a politician keeping a promise. The "promise" is irrelevant.

Imagine that.

What happened to taking him seriously and not literally?

I like how those who claimed the wall was a metaphor now have to come to grips with the fact that he wanted an actual wall and not a figurative wall.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the hard-on for The Wall? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Imagine that.

What happened to taking him seriously and not literally?

I like how those who claimed the wall was a metaphor now have to come to grips with the fact that he wanted an actual wall and not a figurative wall.

He also promised that Mexico would pay for the wall.

So why not hold him to that promise too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
''I know we aren't accustomed to politicians doing what they say they're going to do after getting elected, but Trump supporters expect more.

Imagine that.''

I've seen this before from Trump supporters. You don't trust your elected officials but you chose to trust Trump. I have to ask why? I'm not busting chops here, I'm serious. The is the guy who has lied to everyone he's ever dealt with. Who's screwed everyone who's done business with him and who's told over 5,000 untrue statements in the less than two years he's been president. Why is this the person you choose to trust?

And here's the quote;

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

How is inserting $5,000,0000 into the Federal budget to pay for a border wall fulfilling that promise?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply

Prev Next