Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heading To Tucson in January
Quote | Reply
Heading to Tucson in January for 10 days for a bike focused training camp with an athlete.

Been to Tucson a number of times, but not been for about 5 years now. Also have not been there in January - always later in the winter (March/April).

1. What will the weather be like?

2. Since the demise of TriSports.com locally, what is the go-to bike shop in town?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Heading To Tucson in January [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Cold in AM and evenings. Likely low to mid 60s during middle of day
2. Fairwheel has always been my go to until I worked at TriSports. For Tri stuff only option is Tucson Endurance

1a. Going high will be hard in January
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian Grasky at Tucson Endurance Center is fantastic. They have two locations there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Heading to Tucson in January for 10 days for a bike focused training camp with an athlete.

Been to Tucson a number of times, but not been for about 5 years now. Also have not been there in January - always later in the winter (March/April).

1. What will the weather be like?

2. Since the demise of TriSports.com locally, what is the go-to bike shop in town?

Are you taking your bike or looking to rent???
Quote Reply
Re: Heading To Tucson in January [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bringing our own bikes.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I happen to be there now (not Jan, I know). It's been in the high 30's-low 40's early, but warming up to mid-high 60's by late afternoon. There was a little snow at the ski area on Mt Lemmon, with the road closed there. Last year in late December there was more snow and it was quite cold at the top.

I went to Fair Wheel (as other poster recommended) for a wheel truing (thanks baggage handlers), and they are super. Previously I saw them do some magic to get a friend's broken Di2 wire salvaged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let's get together when you get into town. It's been too long

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Fairwheel saved our bike team years ago with wheels, spoke fix on Bontrager blade spokes, multiple wrenches, then a few years later i walked in after my bike didnt make flight and they fixed me 2 rentals, a fitting, Co2s. What impressed me most was the owner saying “hey you are from Canada right? You dropped off beer for the mechanics a few years ago...” when i walked in needing a bike. It felt like i walked into the Bike Barn!

The pool in Oro Valley in the bomb.

Enjoy the trip.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply