Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Now This [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
The problem here is that he accepted campaign donations, way outside of the legal limit, and then did not report them. In addition to other possible financial crimes trying to hide where the payments actually went.

That's the legal problematic. What makes it especially problematic is that the contributions take the form of silencing the stories of women which very well could have changed the course of the election.

Nobody got super-butthurt about the Obama campaign's reporting violations because they were inadvertent and didn't have obvious bearing on election outcomes. This is different because the money in question is tied to efforts to cover up affairs in a deliberate effort to hide presumably pertinent information from the voting public. Because of these violations, the public didn't have all the information they might have had in making a decision on who to vote for.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
chaparral wrote:
The problem here is that he accepted campaign donations, way outside of the legal limit, and then did not report them. In addition to other possible financial crimes trying to hide where the payments actually went.

That's the legal problematic. What makes it especially problematic is that the contributions take the form of silencing the stories of women which very well could have changed the course of the election.

Nobody got super-butthurt about the Obama campaign's reporting violations because they were inadvertent and didn't have obvious bearing on election outcomes. This is different because the money in question is tied to efforts to cover up affairs in a deliberate effort to hide presumably pertinent information from the voting public. Because of these violations, the public didn't have all the information they might have had in making a decision on who to vote for.

Not to mention that trump basically went, "I want to be president, so I will give this guy a bunch of information to blackmail with, that is good idea." Real good judgement on trump's part.

I am sure this is the only information to black mail trump out there, we shouldn't even bother looking for other blackmail.
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
you're pissing up a rope, friend. i was listening to cnn coming home from meeting with a bike maker, and a u.s. senator was apprised by a reporter that trump just got accused by his own justice department of committing multiple felonies. he said, "okay, but i don't care. he's doing a good job as president."

what do you expect republicans to think? rank and file republicans? if this is what one of their senior leadership senators think, and there's zero criticism from his peers about that statement?

Just like the Dems said "nothing to see here" with the Clinton Foundation, even though the FBI was investigating. They still rigged their own primary to make her the nominee. This is a prime example of what's wrong with our country. Each tribe circling the wagons around their own to stay in power, despite the damage caused to our country. Both parties are equally at fault for the mess we are in, but people like you can only stand on one side of the aisle and point fingers at those on the other.
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you've never read Slowman criticizing the Dems, you may be the one that's blinkered.
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from the clinton foundation, which I dont think was operating while a clinton was in public office, electing leaders for a primary is vastly different than a national election. The RNC and DNC could elect officials via a sorting hat if they wanted to.

The national election follows actual laws.
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
Quote:
He is going down..

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Speaking from experience?
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the Inaugural Comittee rented a bunch of rooms from the Trump hotel. Someone sent out an email to the person negotating the rates saying that these rates look like overcharging and that they would get in trouble if audited.

The person working on the Inaugural Committee negotiating the rates, Ivanka. So she was negotiating the rate to give to a hotel that she partly owned. That seems right.
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
you're pissing up a rope, friend. i was listening to cnn coming home from meeting with a bike maker, and a u.s. senator was apprised by a reporter that trump just got accused by his own justice department of committing multiple felonies. he said, "okay, but i don't care. he's doing a good job as president."

what do you expect republicans to think? rank and file republicans? if this is what one of their senior leadership senators think, and there's zero criticism from his peers about that statement?

The walk backs are beginning.

Perhaps there is still hope for the Pubs?

Quote:

Washington,D.C.—Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT) issued the following statement about commentshe made earlier this week about accusations made against President Trump:

Earlier this week in an unplanned hallway interview with CNN, I made comments about allegations against the President that were irresponsible and a poor reflection on my lengthy record of dedication to the rule of law.
While I don’t believe Michael Cohen is any kind of reliable voice in this process, I have expressed confidence in Bob Mueller and his investigation countless times, including writing in the Wall Street Journal that hemust be allowed to complete his investigation. Last October, when Paul Manafort and Rick Gates were indicted, I said, “I believe that it’s in the best interest for all parties involved to allow Bob Mueller to conduct a full and vigorous investigation.” More recently, this August I acknowledged that the campaign finance allegations were “some serious charges, and they can’t be ignored.”
I continue to believe that, and when we see Mueller’s full report and the complete filings from the New York U.S. Attorney’s office, we can determine the path forward. While I believe the President has succeeded in a number of important policy areas, that success is separate from the validity of these investigations, which I believe should be allowed to run their course.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
This is an outrage. What does this have to do with Russian collusion. They have no right to investigate this.

And fk you for you starting another Trump thread...

Who is "they". This isn't Mueller. It's the US Attorney in Manhattan.
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Slowman wrote:

The walk backs are beginning.

Perhaps there is still hope for the Pubs?

i'm glad to hear it. it's less fulsome than cohen's apologies (ironically), and it's got numerous caveats. but i'll take it. i wonder, had obama been formally accused by his own justice department of multiple felonies, and had a fellow senator said, "i don't care, he's doing a good job as president," if hatch would have accepted that senator's walk-back as sufficient.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
This is an outrage. What does this have to do with Russian collusion. They have no right to investigate this.

And fk you for you starting another Trump thread...

Who is "they". This isn't Mueller. It's the US Attorney in Manhattan.

I don't care if it's Ironside, no one should be putting the president under this kind of scrutiny. Would Obama be investigated like this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha it makes very little sense to compare trump and Obama when it comes to questions of morality.

If you think the gop didn’t look for crimes against Obama you are kidding yourself. In fact a couple of members of the gop resigned because they wouldn’t be able to investigate Hillary anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course there is a Trump quote or tweet for every occasion.

in 2016, he stated (I paraphrase but you can google it if you have doubt), "I may be the first person to ever make money running for president".
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Hahaha it makes very little sense to compare trump and Obama when it comes to questions of morality.

If you think the gop didn’t look for crimes against Obama you are kidding yourself. In fact a couple of members of the gop resigned because they wouldn’t be able to investigate Hillary anymore.

I guess I need to make my sarcasm more obvious. Thought I was painting it on pretty thick...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I realized after I posted who I was responding to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
He is going down..

No chance. Hillary committed Federal crimes, Donnie boy may have a campaign spending issue.

Quote Reply
Re: Now This [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please don't interrupt the weekly circle jerk.

Here you go guys:

He's going down, he's going down, he's going down, he's going down. It's all over for Trump this time.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Now This [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it looks like trump's campaign chairman gave Russians with ties to Russia Intelligence the campaign's polling data during the campaign.

What an odd and totally innocent thing to do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next