Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Queen at Live Aid side-by-side, real and the movie
Quote | Reply
This is really awesome IYAM.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XqPBEODZ4s
Last edited by: Spiridon Louis: Dec 11, 18 20:21
Quote Reply
Re: Queen at Live Aid side-by-side, real and the move [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.
Quote Reply
Re: Queen at Live Aid side-by-side, real and the movie [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, cool video!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Queen at Live Aid side-by-side, real and the movie [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mind blowing.

And yet people are complaining about it not being "historically correct".

My 76 year old mom who was too fuddy duddy in the 60s to like the Beatles, who only knows Queen because of We are the Champions loved this movie.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bohemian Rhapsody
Radio Gaga
We Are the Champions

One of these things is not like the others!
Quote Reply
Re: Queen at Live Aid side-by-side, real and the movie [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Mind blowing.

My 76 year old mom who was too fuddy duddy in the 60s to like the Beatles, who only knows Queen because of We are the Champions loved this movie.

People are complaining that it isn’t historically correct because it isn’t remotely historically correct in some major ways. Yes, they got the LiveAid performance right. Credit to the actors for that. But the idea that he already knew he was HIV positive during that performance? Nope. Not true. And that’s just one of many issues.

I enjoyed the movie but it’s ok to be disappointed by the departures from truth.
Quote Reply
Re: Queen at Live Aid side-by-side, real and the movie [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read up on Alan Turing after seeing The Imitation Game a couple of years ago. Turns out almost nothing in the movie was historically accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: Queen at Live Aid side-by-side, real and the movie [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
I read up on Alan Turing after seeing The Imitation Game a couple of years ago. Turns out almost nothing in the movie was historically accurate.

True of pretty much every movie that claims to be based on a true story. I get compressing events for the sake of trying to tell a story in 2 hours or so, but I get annoyed when events are created out of whole cloth to serve an agenda.

Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Mind blowing.

It's possible to admire the technical accuracy of a particular scene while also understanding that a lot of events in the rest of the movie (and even where that particular scene fits into the timeline of those events) are either off, or just outright bullshit.
Quote Reply