Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games
Quote | Reply
Wow, given the past conversation, I just learned a bunch. The blue boy - pink girls is from way back in 1980... Before WWII baby boys wore dresses her is a future POTUS .

Video games came out in the 80's by then the toy isles were blue for boys pink for girls split so Nintendo had to decide which side of the isle does this new gaming device go on.. they choose boys...

More women play video games today then boys.

Season 1 episode 7 for those who are interested.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His/her middle name was Delano. That's kind of gender ambiguous.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More women play video games?

That must be including garbage like Candy Crush on their phones.

I would find it hard to believe that more women own Playstations than men.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recall reading that Fortnite had a 45/55 female to male split. Though whenever my son plays and gets put into a random group, all the voices I hear are those of boys and guys

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortnite can be played using your phone.

I'd like to see the number of Fortnite players using XBox and PS4

Quote Reply
Re: Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wouldn't shock me if the vast majority of women that play Fortnite play it on a phone or an iPad.

Quote Reply
Re: Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, 'video games' encompass phone app games, like candy crush etc, the pickup and play, casual games. Not what gamers would classify as video games. Numbers of female (xbox, ps4 etc) gamers are increasing, slowly, but they're not in the majority.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Adam Ruins everything... Gender colors, clothes, and video games [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Yeah, 'video games' encompass phone app games, like candy crush etc, the pickup and play, casual games. Not what gamers would classify as video games. Numbers of female (xbox, ps4 etc) gamers are increasing, slowly, but they're not in the majority.

Right, but is that cause for decades they were and still are marketed to the men? The fact that they are now "growing" the female market shows that women like to play it also, its just been several decades of marketing that has left a group off on the side.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you'll find that Nintendo made the decision to be gender blind when producing their games system and games (read: Mario, Zelda etc).

Also, marketing men is different to excluding women. Could you provide examples of recent marketing that could be targeting male rather than being gender blind?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply