Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [PeterP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeterP wrote:
I'm a nobody around here and way past my prime but I'm in. Need something to get me kickstarted. Just hope I don't get injured!

See my signature: "Blessed are the Nobodies, for Theirs is the Kingdom of Fascinating Stories"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Mrs. -JBMarshTX is in as well. She's going to find out if she has a username from back in the day. 70 is the goal.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for another round.

I had a heart attack (while running) nearly 3 years ago. Since then I've been able to run, but have struggled to build up mileage and consistency. I've also become very wimpy about going out in the cold.

Since mid-September things have begun to click a bit and I've been able to gradually build up better than recent years. So, I'm hoping that the challenge will help keep me disciplined through the winter.

Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-JBMarshTX wrote:
The Mrs. -JBMarshTX is in as well. She's going to find out if she has a username from back in the day. 70 is the goal.

OH MAN.....we are totally honored to have Mrs JBMarshTX alive and well enough to contemplate 70.....this is the biggest news on this thread.

Slowman, this warrants a front page interview with her!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm in, 1st timer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
PeterP wrote:
I'm a nobody around here and way past my prime but I'm in. Need something to get me kickstarted. Just hope I don't get injured!

you're a somebody around here now!

I've always wanted to be somebody....

I'll give it a go, and hope for no injuries. I gotta be smart about my running these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to go for 100, but I signed up for a marathon. So maybe 80 as I do take my off days seriously.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In!

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well...I'm in...but can the minimum be 20 minutes? I'm making it 20 minutes in my house?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowman you are evil trying to get me to do this challenge again. OK I shuffled on the treadmill four times in 5 weekday so far this week as a test (....8-9.5 kph zero to 15% grade range 15 minutes in general. Nothing broke on me. Leg spasms were kind of manageable (quite encouraging actually and things got a bit better as the week progressed). I have to be careful that my cardio and brain can write cheques that my body likely cannot cash!
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
almost everyone can get to the point of 'shuffling' on the TM for 30 minutes 6x/week

you (and many others) are stronger and more capable than you think
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
almost everyone can get to the point of 'shuffling' on the TM for 30 minutes 6x/week

you (and many others) are stronger and more capable than you think

Actually my brain and cardio think my legs are stronger than they really are. This is the fundamental problem of having dolphin routine devleped cardio and trying to move back to land mammal (or minimally trying to evolve back to amphibian). Next thing you know I am beached and waiting for high tide to wash me back to the safety of water!

But seriously 30 min per week at 8 kph which is 7.5 min per km which is barely faster than fast 7 kph walk, that's totally in the range of everyone whose body works. For my guys training for IM's I was always pushing them to add 4 hours of walking on top of their training routine. 4 hours is not hard....that's taking a few 5-10 min walks during the work day and maybe having one meeting at work that is a 15 min walk with a colleague talking about stuff that you'd normally do sitting. 4 hrs per week of walking around goes a long way. For an IM athlete tryinig to break say 4 hours on a 5 hours per week running routine, when you layer on 4 hours of walking that's 9 hours on the feet per week...this adds a ton more durability for the last 1/3 of the marathon
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 8, 18 6:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
too funny

4 hrs is a lot when added to IM training but it does strengthen the chassis

im happy that you and Dan are doing the challenge this yr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't logged a workout in eight months. I've been doing them, just not recording them anywhere. It will be good to start keeping track again.

I'm going to make one last push for a sub 3 marathon in the Spring. This challenge will be a good motivator. I won't hit 100 but I might not be far off.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dammit I'm in. Motivation has been at an all time low since the tri season ended in September. Lofty goal to log all 100, but will be happy if I get to 70 or 80. Holidays will be a challenge though with all the distractions and beverages flowing.
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sync'ed with strava so this can be brainless for me.. thanks! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
Dammit I'm in. Motivation has been at an all time low since the tri season ended in September. Lofty goal to log all 100, but will be happy if I get to 70 or 80. Holidays will be a challenge though with all the distractions and beverages flowing.

The entire reason we start on Dec 15th is so that you get on a 5-6 day roll before the actual holidays kick in. By then the smack talk is flowing, you're in motion and then all that holiday crap starts (and as an athlete and coach I really think most of it is fairly worthless crap that takes our eyes off the athletic and health ball....almost nothing useful happens during Xmas other than people becoming, fat, slow, mentally soft and mentally slow and generally weak, and often losing their June peak race because of stupidity that has it roots in Xmas time weakness). "Normal people" lose their edge durinig this so called holiday season. Don't be normal people. Normal people are weak. The reason you're on ST in the first place is because you don't conform to what "normal" people do.

Sooooo.....this is why we start our abnormal heroics on 15 Dec. Now you're with 500+ unique people around the world who are all showing up 30 minutes later to every stupid holiday function because you need to blow off that 1800 seconds of getting soft for the 100/100 approved 1800 seconds of getting harder....you get 86,400 seconds per day....you still have 84800 seconds to be like normal people....be abnormal for 1800 seconds and be happy. This is our Xmas gift to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is so well said I considered for a second to get your name tattooed on my shoulder. Then I realized that would be a really really really dumb idea.

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
That is so well said I considered for a second to get your name tattooed on my shoulder. Then I realized that would be a really really really dumb idea.

Dude. You could do much worse.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:

I would suggest either a Harley Davidson or Ironman tattoo. If someone comes up with a 100/100 tattoo that would be a first, but since this thing is kind of freeware it's kind of the entire anti corporate fitness thing. Its free and we can whine as much as we like about the high cost of the entry fee. Thus the 100/100 tattoo has less value than an event that costs $800 (or whatever an IM costs these days).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see a 100/100 tattoo. But first I'll need to see how far I get. 76/100 is a shitty tattoo, yes?
I have diy punk roots, not very corporate so that's not the problem. Next year's race age of 47 would be the perfect age to get a Harley though.

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
I have diy punk roots, not very corporate so that's not the problem

D'Kid has been watching That 70s Show lately. She just happened to watch an episode last week where Hyde falls for a Punk Rock Girl [pretty off the mark, BTW]

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/...w&episode=s01e22

When he was explaining Punk to Eric "Punk is the nihilistic outcry against the corporate rock and roll takeover. It's the soundtrack to the revolution, man."

D'Kid asked "Is that what it was, Dad?"

I had to be honest "Nah, I just wanted to make some noise and meet some girls. Politics came later"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next