Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: We'll never forget you Mark! [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
When it's all said and done I'm struggling to understand how the people calling Rodgers the GOAT are constantly making excuses for all the losses. He might be the most talented QB, but he has yet to prove himself the GOAT. Elway drug 3 sub par teams to the Super Bowl, but it took a team effort for him to win 2.

I’m not and haven’t. He looks like shit. He is missing wide open receivers. He is refusing to take the easy completion looking for the home run. Plus, reports are coming out the he is uncoachable.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: We'll never forget you Mark! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Perseus wrote:
When it's all said and done I'm struggling to understand how the people calling Rodgers the GOAT are constantly making excuses for all the losses. He might be the most talented QB, but he has yet to prove himself the GOAT. Elway drug 3 sub par teams to the Super Bowl, but it took a team effort for him to win 2.

I’m not and haven’t. He looks like shit. He is missing wide open receivers. He is refusing to take the easy completion looking for the home run. Plus, reports are coming out the he is uncoachable.

One thing for sure you can't be critical of #12 and keep your job... unless there is more to this story.

https://www.si.com/...associate-head-coach
Quote Reply
Re: We'll never forget you Mark! [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
JSA wrote:
Perseus wrote:

One thing for sure you can't be critical of #12 and keep your job... unless there is more to this story.

https://www.si.com/...associate-head-coach

There's more to the story. He has been a real horse's ass for a while. Earlier this year, McCarthy banned him from the press conferences because he went on a rant, yelling at reporters, for no real reason.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what do the fanatical folks in GB think of this- a full page in multiple Wisconsin paper?

I thought it was a pretty classy that demonstrated great character, but I have no emotion about him and haven't lived in GB my entire life.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: We'll never forget you Mark! [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very classy and received well. Tell him he did a nice job with it when you see him over the holidays.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Very classy and received well. Tell him he did a nice job with it when you see him over the holidays.

That's good to hear that you and yours can forgive his awful coaching. While we may disagree on his coaching, at least you have a measure of sanity around his off the field actions.

So how's Philbin being received locally? Those two lost challenges - in 90 seconds- didn't inspire confidence.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:

That's good to hear that you and yours can forgive his awful coaching. While we may disagree on his coaching, at least you have a measure of sanity around his off the field actions.

So how's Philbin being received locally? Those two lost challenges - in 90 seconds- didn't inspire confidence.

There was never any question regarding his character. He was a really good guy.

No one expects Philbin to be anything but a place holder. In fact, if he got the job, it would upset a lot of people.

Regarding the challenges, how in earth did the refs screw up the first one??? That was bullshit. I think the refs got the second one wrong as well, but I can see the argument for not overturning.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I thought the article and McCarthy coming back to address the team and being allowed to do so was great. No one hated the man, just tired of his coaching and the lack of team success. I have no doubt he will get another HC job somewhere (if he wants it) and will be successful again. Reid never got the Eagles over the one and done playoffs runs, but is lighting it up in KC now, McCarthy very well may do the same in a different situation. Was just time to move on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next