Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What did you mail order as a kid [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just the free stuff from the backs of cereal boxes. Color-changing plastic spoons from Trix did not disappoint.

My next free mail-in will be a charm bracelet from Arm & Hammer Cat litter.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember saving the inside wrappers of bazooka Joe gum and sending them in for some secret wrist watch with a special code attached. Cant recall if I was disappointed or not, so must mean I liked it for at least 10 minutes..
Quote Reply
Re: What did you mail order as a kid [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Somewhere in a box I haven’t opened in decades I still have several “Cheesasaurus Rex” t-shirts I got from collecting Kraft macaroni and cheese box tops. To this day I still love me a box of Kraft mac and cheese spirals.

That's super cool.
elbows > spirals

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What did you mail order as a kid [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
Sea Monkeys .

Yes! X2.

It was disapointing though...

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: What did you mail order as a kid [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Somewhere in a box I haven’t opened in decades I still have several “Cheesasaurus Rex” t-shirts I got from collecting Kraft macaroni and cheese box tops. To this day I still love me a box of Kraft mac and cheese spirals.

That's super cool.
elbows > spirals

I respectfully disagree, though it’s a close call. I think spirals win by a little because they are less likely to get unmixed cheese dust hiding in them. Every once in a while you get a bite of elbow noodles and it’s a little grainy and overly fake-cheesy because there’s a bolus of cheese powder stuck inside an elbow. The benefit of the elbow package is you get more noodles, and thus a bigger soporific carbohydrate rush at the end of the meal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orphan Annie Secret Society decoder pin.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you mail order as a kid [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I ordered a whole box of ninja throwing stars when I was 12.

2018 Races:
Injured

Coincidence?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Early 1970's... Ballpark Franks had a promo for an aluminum baseball bat. (An aluminum bat in the 70's was the coolest thing a kid could have short of a banana-seat-stick-shift 5 speed bicycle).
I don't recall how many wrapper packages BP required but, my dad was a butcher and he brought home an entire case of empty packages from the outdated hotdogs. Sent them in, my bat arrived in a timely way, and my summer was complete. With the way my 90yo dad collects things, it might still be in his garage.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you mail order as a kid [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
baseball cards, venus fly trap, sea monkeys. Pretty much anything in a Boys' Life ad that I could buy with my allowance. But I never had the patience to save up for the hovercraft.

Oh, how I desired to get one of those hovercrafts!

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mom got my brother and I hubba bubba shirts when we were kids in the 80s. that was a great surprise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Kool-Aid pitcher. I loved it because it resembled the one on the packaging.

Quote | Reply
I remember -- all condensed and drippy when you were boiling hot from being outside
Quote Reply

Prev Next