Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pelosi first female prez?
Quote | Reply
After trump quits or is fired, pence too stupid to lead nation, who's next in line.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Al Haig.

Any other questions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
pence (sic) too stupid to lead nation, who's next in line. (sic)

What does "pence (sic) too stupid to lead nation" mean? At what point has that ever gotten in the way of a Presidency?

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Al Haig.

Any other questions?

Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.google.com/...mp;iact=c&ictx=1

Just tryin' to keep it lively!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pence too stupid to lead nation.

That was true before November 9, 2016.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well not a huge stretch if Pence gets caught up in this Russia collusion thing. Things were going on during the transition, and he supposedly was in charge of the transition team, so his responsibility??

I sure hope not though, Pelosi as president would just explode too many heads, a lot of friends and family of mine too. And really dont want a president Pence for more than 6 to 10 months either, so hopefully Donny can hang in there for a little more than a year. It could be touch and go, but stall tactics and still having the Senate, well that could buy him the end of this presidency..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Al Haig.

Any other questions?
IPO

Man , you're so old you know who Al Haig is!

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good one!

how about Curtis LeMay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
After trump quits or is fired, pence too stupid to lead nation, who's next in line.

I had that thought when listening to a news story the other day. I think it would probably depend on timing. If Trump quit, got booted or died and Pence was on the firing line for something it would depend on how quickly they could confirm a new VP. I should look it up but I don't know exactly what's involved (probably senate confirmation?) So, if they could get a new VP in before Pence got the boot it would never get to Pelosi.

Though it did happen once on the West Wing temporarily... :-) (Pres was incapacitated during a time when there was no VP. Bartlett signed it over to the Speaker (John Goodman) and everybody did their constitutional job.) I can't imagine what a political shit show that would be now between talk radio, Fox News, MSNBC, Twitter, etc.

edit: I just looked it up. A new VP would need to be confirmed by a majority in the house and senate. So I'd say if this happened after Jan 1 where Pence was also on the firing line, there is no way the republican's could get a candidate through the House specifically for this reason.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Last edited by: nslckevin: Nov 29, 18 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank God this is a succession thread. I thought I missed somewhere that she was the new DNP pick for 2020. I thought they picked the only person in the party that could lose to Trump in 2016, but I believe Miss P could give it a good shot in 2020. We really need a fresh new candidate to come down the pike soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thank God this is a succession thread. I thought I missed somewhere that she was the new DNP pick for 2020. I thought they picked the only person in the party that could lose to Trump in 2016, but I believe Miss P could give it a good shot in 2020. We really need a fresh new candidate to come down the pike soon.

This. The only person worse that Pelosi would be Biden. The Democrats have become the female party, their next candidate almost certainly has to be a woman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God the Democratic party is screwed. In the past month I've heard Kerry, Sanders, Gore, Clinton, Pelosi, Biden, Warren. Hell, even Obama is newer and younger than all of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well not a huge stretch if Pence gets caught up in this Russia collusion thing. Things were going on during the transition, and he supposedly was in charge of the transition team, so his responsibility??

Trump and Pence could go on live TV and admit to collusion with Russia and say they are planning on doing it again in 2020 and you wouldn't get 13 GOP Senators to impeach and make Pelosi president.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

I sure hope not though, Pelosi as president would just explode too many heads, a lot of friends and family of mine too. And really dont want a president Pence for more than 6 to 10 months either, so hopefully Donny can hang in there for a little more than a year. It could be touch and go, but stall tactics and still having the Senate, well that could buy him the end of this presidency..

The play here is that the election was “stolen” so Pence’s position as veep is invalid.

One coup, coming up!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please let her run, even better spectical than Hillary resulting in another 4 yrs for Trump. Can’t wait.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [Wetfeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can trump serve again in an organge jumpsuit or padded cell?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
monty wrote:

The play here is that the election was “stolen” so Pence’s position as veep is invalid.

One coup, coming up!

Nobody in this thread mentioned a coup.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [Wetfeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wetfeet wrote:
Please let her run, even better spectical than Hillary resulting in another 4 yrs for Trump. Can’t wait.
I agree. Pelosi is as unelectable as Hillary, without the Clinton influence and deep pockets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:

Pence is way, way, way outside mainstream America. Scary thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelosi first female prez? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:

Trump and Pence could go on live TV and admit to collusion with Russia and say they are planning on doing it again in 2020 and you wouldn't get 13 GOP Senators to impeach and make Pelosi president.

I was waiting for somebody to point that out.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply