Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My First World Problem of the Day (Update, or "What an Ingrate")
Quote | Reply
My wife's birthday was on November 7. I ordered her a very nice beanie online. What I didn't realize until after I clicked "order" is that said beanie was to be friggin' hand knitted and sewn by ladies in friggin' Nepal. Holy hell. It just arrived, three weeks late. It's a very nice beanie with fleece lining the inside, and is a color that really suits her, but dang...

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Dec 17, 18 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time and craftsmanship and unique. The date doesn't matter. She knows this.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you hate America?

It will all be forgiven if she knows the effort you made to get it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So to celebrate the day your wife was no longer a parasite on her mother you exploited some poor people in Nepal and are complaining that they did not appreciate the pennies an hour they were paid to cater to your whims quickly enough?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
So to celebrate the day your wife was no longer a parasite on her mother you exploited some poor people in Nepal and are complaining that they did not appreciate the pennies an hour they were paid to cater to your whims quickly enough?

Not to mention the damage to the environment caused by transporting said beanie halfway round the planet.

Disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
j p o wrote:

Not to mention the damage to the environment caused by transporting said beanie halfway round the planet.

Disgusting.

Yeah, but it's a really nice beanie.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

It will all be forgiven if she knows the effort you made to get it.

You mean, the effort a few Nepalese women went through. He just ordered it online, it's not like he flew over there to pick it up :-).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bday is Nov 7 too. I'm still waiting for my beanie, can you check with those gals in Nepal again please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its easy to make a mistake ordering online. At least you didn't accidentally order Beano for her birthday. That may lead to some difficult conversations. Or finally resolve some long standing issues.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean, the effort a few Nepalese women went through. He just ordered it online, it's not like he flew over there to pick it up :-).

Ordering online is hard work. First you have to check Slowtwitch, then the latest You-tube videos and Facebook and finally search for gifts where you can exploit lowly paid foreign workers to keep your wife happy.

That's not easy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you find it a bit frightening that it was cheaper to knit and ship the beanie from Nepal then make it anywhere is the USA? Are prisons charging too much now? Do the prisoners want universal health-care?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered some quad rears for my wizard sleeve and FCS said UPS was to deliver them on Tuesday but they didn’t come until today because they were “delayed”.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I ordered some quad rears for my wizard sleeve and FCS said UPS was to deliver them on Tuesday but they didn’t come until today because they were “delayed”.

Trying to figure out why you are putting surfing fins on your oversized labia. Very confusing.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cisurfboards.com/...ineup/wizard-sleeve/

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I understood every word. I also pictured this:

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know that that is the CEO of the World Surf League and she wasn’t making a joke when she put those fins in.

Bobby was right....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how "Nepal" and "first world problems" ended up in the same sentence.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Ordering online is hard work. First you have to check Slowtwitch, then the latest You-tube videos and Facebook and finally search for gifts where you can exploit lowly paid foreign workers to keep your wife happy.

That's not easy.

Is there a website that you can go to directly for exploiting underpaid workers? It is too much trouble to go to Amazon and find the items that are made by them.

My life would be so much easier if I could go to one website that only had items from exploited workers.
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Nov 30, 18 5:27
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

That's not easy.

Is there a website that you can go to directly for exploiting underpaid workers? It is too much trouble to go to Amazon and find the items that are made by them.

My life would be so much easier if I could go to one website that only had items from exploited workers.
walmart.com

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You know that that is the CEO of the World Surf League and she wasn’t making a joke when she put those fins in.

Bobby was right....

I'm on the "fins on backwards" bandwagon because they make hydrodynamic sense despite what the uninitiated think, as demonstrated by the aerodynamic sense made by so many experimental aircraft over the years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward-swept_wing

The Kook of the Day pics are likely mostly of people who simply got it wrong for the wrong reason, but there are those who get it "wrong" for the right reason.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what I saw yesterday...

The guy in the rave party camouflage was at one time a pro level surfer. Now he can barely make it out.

Drugs are bad....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes. I used to aspire to a level of skill that would allow me to wear a conspicuous wetsuit, but I've just resigned myself to the anonymity of black.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day (Update, or "What an Ingrate") [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE:

As a Christmas gift, I bought our daughter a nice knit beanie, kind of ivory in color, poofball on top, with ear flaps and those woven strings that hang down from the ear flaps. It's a nice beanie to replace her old one that's like two sizes too small but she insists on still wearing it.

My wife now wants one like our daughter's. The Nepalese one apparently isn't good enough for her, the ingrate. FML.

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Dec 17, 18 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: My First World Problem of the Day (Update, or "What an Ingrate") [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
UPDATE:

As a Christmas gift, I bought our daughter a nice knit beanie, kind of ivory in color, poofball on top, with ear flaps and those woven strings that hang down from the ear flaps. It's a nice beanie to replace her old one that's like two sizes too small but she insists on still wearing it.

My wife now wants one like our daughter's. The Nepalese one apparently isn't good enough for her, the ingrate. FML.

Shoot her.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply