Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone with contact at Giro?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any contacts at Giro or used their helmet replacement crash program.

Raced at IMAZ on Sunday. Crashed at 165k into bike. Aerohead Helmet saved my life. Literally. EMT and docs here both said “No helmet, no JR”. Landed on forehead and face as demonstrated by totally scratched visor and dented left side of the front of helmet.

First time using it. Brand new. But did the job.

Quote | Reply
Glad you are well. Make sure you limit screen time if you have/had a concussion.

The process is super simple. You just need to submit a photo of the damage along with details of the helmet and they send you a discount coupon (for I think 30% off).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone with contact at Giro? [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience at 70.3 NC a couple years back. Cracked frame, cracked helmet shell with the foam cracked all the way through, the magnets from the visor shattered off and luckily I walked away a little sore. I did get checked out at the TBI clinic because I have a history of concussions from when I was in the Army and all was clear.
I contacted Giro and they will give you two options.
1. Like said before a unique 30% off coupon for you, can be used for any helmet online.
Or
2. Take it to a local Giro retailer and deal with it through them. Even if you didn’t buy it from that shop they are supposed to still deal with the crash warranty.
I went with the first option because I didn’t t buy it from the local shop and didn’t want to deal with them being less then helpful about it.
Giro will want you to email them the following:
1. Lot number
2. Manufacture date
3. Serial number
4. Purchase date
5. Pictures of the helmet
Was pretty quick turn around.
Quote Reply