Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey...
Quote | Reply
...and leave it at that?

Nope. You have to whine like a bitch because you didn’t get your way and ruin a fun tradition....

https://www.politico.com/...urkey-pardon-1008220

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Tuesday used the annual presidential turkey pardoning to offer a message of unity heading into the holiday season — but first, he couldn’t resist taking a few digs at Democrats who contested heated midterm races.

He also bitched about the 9th circuit.

What a pussy.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His well of pettiness truly has no bottom...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
...and leave it at that?

Nope. You have to whine like a bitch because you didn’t get your way and ruin a fun tradition....

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Tuesday used the annual presidential turkey pardoning to offer a message of unity heading into the holiday season — but first, he couldn’t resist taking a few digs at Democrats who contested heated midterm races.

What a pussy.

Without The Donald what would we have to talk about at Thanksgiving dinner?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
...and leave it at that?

Quote:

What a pussy.

Without The Donald what would we have to talk about at Thanksgiving dinner?

I’m making ribs. We don’t talk politics at Thanksgiving.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
...and leave it at that?

Quote:

What a pussy.

I read the headline and had the same thought. But when I read the transcript I thought he had some uncharacteristicly funny jokes.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:

I read the headline and had the same thought. But when I read the transcript I thought he had some uncharacteristicly funny jokes.

All he needed was a pet name for Carrots. Crazy Carrots? Pickled Carrots? Highly Conflicted Carrots?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TSD alert!

Trump 2020!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
...and leave it at that?

Quote:

What a pussy.

Good thing the Turkey didn't have any military service, or Trump would have skipped the event.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
TSD alert!

Trump 2020!!!

Nah, he just created a thread to reference when Dan points out he claims to be a liberal but consistently attacks liberals for being liberal.

I mean, of all the stupid stuff that has been said this week you are going to reference an event that is already meant to be a ridiculous spectacle and not the leader of the free world stating that the way to prevent forest fires is to rake the forest floor.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
Duffy wrote:
...and leave it at that?

Quote:

What a pussy.

Agreed.
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
TSD alert!

Trump 2020!!!

Nah, he just created a thread to reference when Dan points out he claims to be a liberal but consistently attacks liberals for being liberal.

I mean, of all the stupid stuff that has been said this week you are going to reference an event that is already meant to be a ridiculous spectacle and not the leader of the free world stating that the way to prevent forest fires is to rake the forest floor.

Do you have definitive proof that raking the forest floor does not prevent forest fires? Well? DO YOU?!?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I’ve never claimed to be a liberal. I have said very clearly countless times on this forum that on some issues I align with liberals (drugs, gay rights, abortion, religion) and some issues I align with the right (free speech, gun rights, low taxes, les regulation).

Quote:

I actually have enjoyed the pardoning of the turkey since I was a kid. It always got me in the mood for the holiday season and it also always seem to kick off the nuts and bolts of the surf season around here. It’s always been a light hearted, pleasant, nostalgic event.

Trump ruined it.

About the fires, Trump is not wrong (not the “raking” part). We do need better fire control. What we do now in the name of “protecting species” is leave everthing alone (while suppressing natural fires and not doing controlled burns).

The end result is what we have now. And those species we are “protecting”?

They’re all dead now.

Quote:
Fire is not necessarily bad for forests. California used to burn with regularity, and low-intensity fires are vital in some ecosystems to clear excess brush and small trees from the landscape. But there’s been a change in fire behavior over the last century, as the state and federal government began dousing the blazes. Decades of fire suppression have allowed forests to grow dense with trees.

https://www.latimes.com/...-20180901-story.html

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Nov 21, 18 6:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
TSD alert!

Trump 2020!!!

Do you have definitive proof that raking the forest floor does not prevent forest fires? Well? DO YOU?!?

Maybe he does Maybe he doesn’t. We may never know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
TSD alert!

Trump 2020!!!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It always got me in the mood for the holiday season and it also always seem to kick off the nuts and bolts of the surf season around here.//

Speaking of surf seasons kicking off, I'm at my favorite spot just up the road from you for this week and it was great here, 3 days ago!! Supposed to get some serious rain today, perhaps it will bring a little more swell in for all of us going along with the Turkey boycott, as long as they dont spike Jalama burgers with those birds!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Can’t you just pardon the damn turkey... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
It always got me in the mood for the holiday season and it also always seem to kick off the nuts and bolts of the surf season around here.//

Speaking of surf seasons kicking off, I'm at my favorite spot just up the road from you for this week and it was great here, 3 days ago!! Supposed to get some serious rain today, perhaps it will bring a little more swell in for all of us going along with the Turkey boycott, as long as they dont spike Jalama burgers with those birds!!!

Turkey boycott?

Btw, should be good up there Friday.

What site number are you at?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We will be heading out on Friday, sitting in #96, walk in power site with a nice view. Its been a shame two the last 2 mornings, offshore about 8mph and the water is warmer than usual for winter. Nice thing has been a fire every night, that is rare around here, just no Jalama winds to speak of thus far..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"About the fires, Trump is not wrong (not the “raking” part). We do need better fire control. What we do now in the name of “protecting species” is leave everthing alone (while suppressing natural fires and not doing controlled burns).

The end result is what we have now. And those species we are “protecting”?"

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that we might need to try something else when you are walking through a city reduced to ash.

The problem is what that something else should look like. A lot of different things have been tried as we balance environmental concerns while trying to reduce losses. I suppose if we just paved over the forest we could reduce forest fires to zero. We've tried all suppression all the time, let it burn, thinning, etc. As we keep building further and further into wildlands we get more and more in danger.

One thing is for sure, we're going to need a bigger rake.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply