Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This is what makes **High School** Football exciting
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes College Football exciting [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I’m not terribly mistaken, that’s a high school game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The DeMatha kick returner should have run out of bounds at the 1. They needed only a field goal to win, and getting that touchdown with time left, gave their opponent the chance to win (which happened).

Of course its a rare football player who does it. Some NFL player did it recently forgot who it was didn't score a td when they could cause they knew that was the wrong thing to do.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes College Football exciting [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
The DeMatha kick returner should have run out of bounds at the 1. They needed only a field goal to win, and getting that touchdown with time left, gave their opponent the chance to win (which happened).

Of course its a rare football player who does it. Some NFL player did it recently forgot who it was didn't score a td when they could cause they knew that was the wrong thing to do.

At the high school level I want the points on the board and then play defense. I have no faith in the high school kicking game. Maybe DeMatha has a phenomenal kicking game but most teams are shady.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

IMO there is money to be made by hiring some kind of end game strategist to help coaches. There are so many unexamined NFL cliches that just end up losing games. Most coaches are too intimidated by tradition to truly coach to win.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes College Football exciting [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:

Well, they can't get to college without first playing in high school. Duhhh.. Why do I always have to explain stuff to people?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say after watching that clip I have no faith in highschool teams playing defense

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ha, I meant high school. I've always found high school and College football far more exciting than the NFL which has become a bore. I was thinking how to word it and wrote College instead of High School.

I'll edit the heading.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Ha, I meant high school. I've always found high school and College football far more exciting than the NFL which has become a bore. I was thinking how to word it and wrote College instead of High School.

I'll edit the heading.
\
I take it you didn't watch last night's game. It may literally have had everything. Absolutely one of the most entertaining football games, pro or otherwise that I've seen.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes College Football exciting [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I'll edit the heading.
\
I take it you didn't watch last night's game. It may literally have had everything. Absolutely one of the most entertaining football games, pro or otherwise that I've seen.

And of course I fell asleep. :(

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes **High School** Football exciting [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love high school football, it blows me away how a small town will draw 10,000 for a game,
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes **High School** Football exciting [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be the story I saw a couple days ago about some father who at his son's big HS football game wore a referee's uniform and from what i could gather reffed the game even though he wasn't part of the referee crew assigned to the game.

Then bragged about it on social media, saying stuff like whatever it takes to win.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes College Football exciting [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I lost interest in pro football a few years ago, the same for pro basketball (although I was never a fan of basketball) and pro baseball (I follow the Jays but a 1-minute game wrap up is more than enough). I just got tired of all the pros whining over their contracts, demands for trades and special treatment, the owners blackmailing of the communities to build stadiums, the league's ignoring issues like concussions etc., etc.

I realize there will be an entertaining game or two every year that I miss but it's not worth watching and particularly not listening to the commentators for a full season.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Todd Gurley, LA Rams against the Packers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that last pass was ~65 yards in the air.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes **High School** Football exciting [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love high school football, it blows me away how a small town will draw 10,000 for a game,

High school games in Texas draw far more crowds than University football in Canada. I lived in a town in the U.S without any pro teams and the College Football team was the hottest ticket in town. It was exciting and that atmosphere at games was something I had never seen before.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing better than when a team is celebrating and their dreams are crushed after they were all exited that they thought they won.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes College Football exciting [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

IMO there is money to be made by hiring some kind of end game strategist to help coaches. There are so many unexamined NFL cliches that just end up losing games. Most coaches are too intimidated by tradition to truly coach to win.

The management of timeouts and the clock in general by NFL head coaches is blatantly bad. When the Texans played Denver two weeks ago the Denver coach attempted a 62 field goal with 25 seconds left in the half with the Texans having 2 timeouts left. The coach couldn’t make the simple calculation that the probability of missing the field goal and then giving the Texans a chance at a closer field goal were against him. Okay. So maybe he had more faith in his kicker than he should have. If they are going to play for the field goal run the ball on 3rd down and use your last timeout with 3 seconds on the clock. Nope. So Denver misses the field goal, Texans complete two shortish passes, use their time outs and kick a 48 yarder to tack on 3 points to end the first half.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes College Football exciting [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
SH wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

The management of timeouts and the clock in general by NFL head coaches is blatantly bad. When the Texans played Denver two weeks ago the Denver coach attempted a 62 field goal with 25 seconds left in the half with the Texans having 2 timeouts left. The coach couldn’t make the simple calculation that the probability of missing the field goal and then giving the Texans a chance at a closer field goal were against him. Okay. So maybe he had more faith in his kicker than he should have. If they are going to play for the field goal run the ball on 3rd down and use your last timeout with 3 seconds on the clock. Nope. So Denver misses the field goal, Texans complete two shortish passes, use their time outs and kick a 48 yarder to tack on 3 points to end the first half.
How about last night? How did the Rams ever put themselves in a situation to give the ball back to Mahomes with a minute to go? Throwing passes when the single most important thing they had to do at that point was make KC use all their timeouts and then punt it to them.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what makes **High School** Football exciting [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing better than when a team is celebrating and their dreams are crushed after they were all exited that they thought they won.

In 20 years, there will be a few more Uncle Ricos from that game...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This 1994 Texas high school championship game may be the most dramatic, crazy comeback ever. At the start of this video, Plano East has the ball and is trailing 41-17 with only 2:42 remaining. And Good Gosh Almighty, you have to watch with the sound on so you can enjoy the announcers. Enjoy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg
Last edited by: SS Tri4Fun: Nov 25, 18 7:00
Quote Reply