Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NFL - Week 11 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last time Alex Smith ended injured Kaepernick stepped in and took the team within one play of winning the super bowl. But instead they decide to bring in Mark “But Fumble” Sanchez, TJ Yates (never heard of him), and EJ Manuel (career passer rating 11.4 points below Kap and has never played a playoff game. So much for trying to win the nfc least.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about dem BEARSSSSSS
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trubisky still a big liability. But yes seems they will take JSA’s cherished division.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he wasnt great throwing 2 picks, but i think thats testement to the vikes D. He had been playing really well before that. In any event, as long as the cheeseheads are in misery, with the coach and qb at odds, all is right in the world
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And on cue Philip Rivers remembered who he is....
Way overrated, he does not make those around him better
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Despite the officials best attempts Denver still gets the win.

After watching Denver go 3 and out after half time I went and did homework. I was stunned when I found out they won.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
And on cue Philip Rivers remembered who he is....
Way overrated, he does not make those around him better

When he petulantly tossed the ball to the ground, stopping the clock for Denver, on their final offensive play even my wife, who was barely paying attention, recognized what a dumbass play It was. Peak Rivers.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You didn't miss much, the Den/LAC game was pretty boring until the final 3 minutes or so, then it was edge of the seat watching.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
The last time Alex Smith ended injured Kaepernick stepped in and took the team within one play of winning the super bowl. But instead they decide to bring in Mark “But Fumble” Sanchez, TJ Yates (never heard of him), and EJ Manuel (career passer rating 11.4 points below Kap and has never played a playoff game. So much for trying to win the nfc least.

Those are for backups. They are safe because they have Colt McCoy to step in.

A couple talking heads, I thinik one was Herm Edwards if I remember right were saying how good he was and how they pay him so much because he is the kind of backup that is hard to find. I was flipping through comments on an article and Redskins fans were saying they were ok because McCoy is underrated. Is it possible to underrate him?

Yesterday was the first pass he had thrown for 3 years. Counting yesterday he has now thrown 13 passes since the start of the 2015 season. Never saw the field in 2016, was in one game with no stats in 2017. Career record of 7 - 18 as a starter.

Yeah, he should be just the answer they were looking for.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Defense wins championships - and other myths that the Rams/Chiefs are trying to dispel. Holy shit what a game!
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Defense wins championships - and other myths that the Rams/Chiefs are trying to dispel. Holy shit what a game!

Yet, rams D was kind of the difference. Weirdly.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it was really the defense of mahomes pushing his luck. Two of the interceptions were like WTF?? But yes, it makes for a fun game to watch but good defenses are fun to watch as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Not sure if it was really the defense of mahomes pushing his luck. Two of the interceptions were like WTF?? But yes, it makes for a fun game to watch but good defenses are fun to watch as well.

the last interception was WTF. all 3 of the other turnovers were caused by the defense. the 2nd to last interception was samson ebukem getting to mahomes' arm as he passed. so, yeah, it sounds pretty silly to say that D played a big part in a win when the D gives up over 50pts. but, the D scored 14 or 21pts, didn't it?

it was just a great game. it would be great if they met again in the super bowl.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Francois wrote:

the last interception was WTF. all 3 of the other turnovers were caused by the defense. the 2nd to last interception was samson ebukem getting to mahomes' arm as he passed. so, yeah, it sounds pretty silly to say that D played a big part in a win when the D gives up over 50pts. but, the D scored 14 or 21pts, didn't it?

it was just a great game. it would be great if they met again in the super bowl.

As good as the Rams are the championship is going to go through New Orleans. I don't see them losing at home to anyone in the NFC.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Francois wrote:

As good as the Rams are the championship is going to go through New Orleans. I don't see them losing at home to anyone in the NFC.

you may well be right. but the rams' loss to the saints was in NO as i recall, and it wasn't a walkover. i think this may've been a watershed for the rams. they've been barely beating teams all year. they played at a new level last night.

besides the fact, i'm not certain this will be a home game for the saints. the saints have 6 games left, only 1 with a losing schedule. the rams have 5 games left, none with a winning schedule.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you that this is a very likely preview of the SB. The Ram's path will likely go thru Saints but I again agree with your point that the one's trajectory likely will be going up--and the other down when next they meet.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Francois wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
I agree with you that this is a very likely preview of the SB. The Ram's path will likely go thru Saints but I again agree with your point that the one's trajectory likely will be going up--and the other down when next they meet.

It's as if people are tired of seeing the Patriots in each SB, or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya think!?

although it looks like there's a good chance we don't have to worry about that this year.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: NFL - Week 11 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Ya think!?

although it looks like there's a good chance we don't have to worry about that this year.

I haven't had enough yet, so I hope they make it. But I doubt it. My guess is that they will make the playoffs and lose in the WC or divisional game.
Don't see this team going far. Unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Don't see this team going far. Unfortunately.

I'm not a fan but I have a weary respect for them. Its when they are underestimated that they are dangerous. Belichick will have something clever cooked up for the playoffs. And Brady will not choke. He will come t out onto the field in fuzzy UGG boots and make the other guy doubt himself.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply

Prev Next