Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guess who’s back? Back again...
Quote | Reply
Acosta and CNN won. White House has to let him back in.

So much winning...

https://www.apnews.com/...4436b4b169c123aa558a

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

So much winning...

Acosta won the battle but he’s going to lose the war.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

So much winning...

i think acosta is kind of an asshole, and i hope CNN had a talk with him. still, your country won the battle with this ruling. if you're on the anti-CNN side, then you're on the wrong side of history, and every news organization agrees with this. even fox.

a far closer call, much more interesting, is mueller's coming indictment of assange. i'd love to see that creep indicted. still, this is pretty much what caused obama so much grief. at what point is it news and at what point treason?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   I don't think I've seen many on the anti-CNN side; anti-Acosta, yes. Still, even that is a slippery slope, giving a POTUS the greenlight to allow only those he finds "friendlier". OTOH, I don't think there is any requirement to do these pressers at all, so the whole thing could be avoided if he was not such an attn whore.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
I don't think I've seen many on the anti-CNN side; anti-Acosta, yes. Still, even that is a slippery slope, giving a POTUS the greenlight to allow only those he finds "friendlier". OTOH, I don't think there is any requirement to do these pressers at all, so the whole thing could be avoided if he was not such an attn whore.

for the purpose of this lawsuit, CNN and acosta were 1 and the same. i suspect breitbart was not on the CNN side. or infowars. but all professional news orgs were.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
dave_w wrote:

for the purpose of this lawsuit, CNN and Acosta were 1 and the same. i suspect breitbart was not on the CNN side. or infowars. but all professional news orgs were.

The lawsuit is still ongoing.

This was a separate matter. I thought I read that it was a form of a restraining order.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
dave_w wrote:

for the purpose of this lawsuit, CNN and acosta were 1 and the same. i suspect breitbart was not on the CNN side. or infowars. but all professional news orgs were.

There was after all an easier solution to all of this if the Big Boy in the White House would grow up. Just ignore Acosta and don't call on him. Dont answer any of his questions if he shouts out. Eventually other reporters would get sick of Acosta interrupting and the problem would have eventually solved itself. However no one out Assholes the Trump! NO ONE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rats I was hoping it was theForge

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the Court acted and Trump abides.

I assume this is the same response Hitler and Stalin would have had?

Can we put to bed all the dictator talk?
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Did the White House decline to appeal this decision ("Trump abides")? I must have missed that.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Did the White House decline to appeal this decision ("Trump abides")? I must have missed that.

I would appeal, too.

Better question: Did Trump mobilize the military and execute the Judge who made the ruling?

Me? I'm all for transparency and First Amendment stuff (even though that's not what this was) so I'd love to have reporters and cameras in there while the Supreme Court deliberates.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
DJRed wrote:

It is not a final decision so it cannot be appealed without certification (and I am not certain that is even an option). The White House has two options: (1) abide by the order or (2) disregard the order and risk contempt / force the court to attempt to enforce its order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

So much winning...

i think acosta is kind of an asshole, and i hope CNN had a talk with him. still, your country won the battle with this ruling. if you're on the anti-CNN side, then you're on the wrong side of history, and every news organization agrees with this. even fox.

a far closer call, much more interesting, is mueller's coming indictment of assange. i'd love to see that creep indicted. still, this is pretty much what caused obama so much grief. at what point is it news and at what point treason?

CNN has whitehouse access with or without Acosta.

Letting him back in to continue being an asshole only helps Trump.

Letting Acosta back in hurts the country, hurts CNN.

Trump lost the battle but he wins the war.

I didn’t give you my feelings on this, I’m just making an observation.

Just because something is true it doesn’t mean I like it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Have I called him a dictator? Or compared him to Hitler?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

No. Sorry. It was a general reply to the thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

Just a clarification Mueller is probably not indicting Assange. The filing with the probably copy/paste error was from a the Eastern District of Virginia, so it was probably the same prosecutor or someone from that office that has charged Assange, not Mueller's group.

Obviously we don't know what they are going to charge Assange with, but I doubt they are charging him with publishing classified or hacked material. It is probably something different to not step on any free speech issues. My guess is that they have evidence Assange worked with the hackers to target certain institutions and possibly help them with the actual theft (by providing them tools or putting together the teams). I think you could argue that is outside the bounds of what a journalist would be protected from. Sure a journalist may publish stolen material, but they shouldn't be telling thieves where to break in and what to steal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

No. Sorry. It was a general reply to the thread.

I agree with you. Although some of the things he is doing is, IMO, seriously harming your country.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, when you become the story, you have lost all credibility with me. It's kind of like a referee - you should be seen and not heard. Show up. Shut up. Report. How hard is that?
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Dude, when you become the story, you have lost all credibility with me. It's kind of like a referee - you should be seen and not heard. Show up. Shut up. Report. How hard is that?

Well the White house had a huge hand in making him the story. What with the taking away of credentials and making a fake video.

Speaking of no credibility...

Last edited by: BLeP: Nov 16, 18 16:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Assange is an Australian national

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Assange is an Australian national

Exactly, thanks. We can charge him with treason, although we won't as there are numerous smallish reasons why that wouldn't fly. The US can't charge him with treason for the rather large reason that he's not American. Why do we keep hearing this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
still, your country won the battle with this ruling. if you're on the anti-CNN side, then you're on the wrong side of history, and every news organization agrees with this. even fox.

Justifying a public institution be forced to give the Time Warner corporation access because other corporate oligarchies like NewsCorp, NBCUniversal, Viacom, Carlos Slim, etc. support this isn't much of an argument. Stop trying to hide global corporations behind the antiquated veneer of Thou Most Sainted Journalist Profession. The only honest thing they report is the temperature.

Every president has the first amendment right to address audiences of his choice. This ruling is based on some weird technicality and is easily circumvented any number of ways, including:

- Some panel that fits the technical definition of due process (Acosta deserved to lose his pass for his actions; note that CNN was not denied access).

- Requiring questions be submitted in writing and then read by an intern (perfect for getting questions answered and depriving narcissistic clowns like Acosta from using the conferences to advance personal celebrity and bigger book deal advances.

- Increasing the attendance x10 and filling that extra 90% with actual US citizens instead of just shills of anti-American globalist corporations.

- Private audiences with selected members of the media.

Slowman wrote:

I don't think you should throw that term around since you clearly don't understand what it means. Assange is an Australian; only citizens can be charged by the US Gov with treason.
Last edited by: Learn: Nov 17, 18 20:59
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Other than with his supporters who don't care what Trump does or says, how does it help Trump?
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Other than with his supporters who don't care what Trump does or says, how does it help Trump?

Reinforces the general perception that journalists are a bunch of pricks.

Acosta is the stereotypical arrogant “reporter” who acts like a complete asshole. The more face time he gets the more the media in general looks bad.

For the good of journalism, Acosta should lay low for awhile.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who’s back? Back again... [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awww, poor whittle Trump fan is upset.

Quote Reply