Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Older powertap worth the $$
Quote | Reply
Found locally two wheels with Powertap hubs
This would be for my road bike (ridden 1-2x/week- main ride is my tt bike with Vector 2's)
One is Powertap SL+ in a Cycleops rim
The other is a Powertap SL 2.4 in a set of Bontrager race lites.
Both are around the $200 mark
Worth the investment or save money to get something better?
Thanks

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Re: Older powertap worth the $$ [mxblues98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't have a power meter and you are not planning to buy anything fancy they are definitely worth it (provided they work well). If you train with power you WILL get faster and with experience you can race without one in case in the future you opt for an aero wheel. Best case scenario is always to have everything but that depends on budget and other factors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife has a SL+ still going strong. If it ever crapped out I’d just have Cycleops rebuild it with new internals and get another long time out of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get the SL+, it has a 15mm axil and its already updated to Ant+, the SL 2.4 is not Ant+ unless the user updated it with the dongle which you won't be able to find anymore. if its not updated to Ant+ making it an SL 2.4+ you will be stuck using the Cyclops Little Yellow Computer. The SL+ free hub can be changed without tools, it just pops off.
Last edited by: mike s: Nov 22, 18 7:22
Quote Reply