Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And the legend grows
Quote | Reply
Fascinating;

"Earlier this year, Saudi Arabia pulled off a challenging U-turn in global oil market policy, convincing a fractious group of two dozen nations to hike output and undercut the oil market rally that was filling their coffers.

The Saudis undertook this unpopular task at least in part to help its allies in the White House — and for its troubles, the kingdom was rewarded with a series of blistering tweets from President Donald Trump and the biggest pullback in oil prices since the historic downturn of 2014.

Oil market analysts say it now appears that Trump hoodwinked Saudi Arabia, fooling the U.S. ally into pushing the oil market into oversupply and sparking a roughly 25 percent drop in crude prices. That accomplished Trump's goal of driving down energy costs for Americans, but left nations dependent on oil income like Saudi Arabia with the prospect of shrinking revenues.

The analysts say Trump essentially bamboozled the Saudis by threatening for months to implement sanctions against Iran so strictly, the Islamic Republic's exports would go into free fall. But when the administration's deadline for oil buyers to quit Iranian oil arrived on Nov. 4, Trump instead dolled out six-month exemptionsto some of the country's biggest customers."

https://www.cnbc.com/...es-analysts-say.html

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: And the legend grows [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't feel sorry for anyone that get's taken in by Trump. It's not like he's not a known quantity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    Trump definitely gets some wins, but it's mostly because he throws massive amounts of shit against the wall, and some of it sticks. He looks at what stuck and declares a win, but mostly what we see is just a massive shit-show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kind of doubt that this is the result of any kind of fore thought by Trump. I just don't think he's that clever to conceive and pull off a plan like that to fruition.

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
I kind of doubt that this is the result of any kind of fore thought by Trump. I just don't think he's that clever to conceive and pull off a plan like that to fruition.

But he's a stable genius.
Quote Reply
Re: And the legend grows [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:

Probably true, he simply has no compunctions about acting unethically which allows him to change course mid stream if it benefits him in some way.
Quote Reply